- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Administratie
- Referentie nr: 34638
- Geplaatst op: 24-02-2021
Join our team Assistant Director of Finance at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
We are looking for an Assistant Director of Finance that is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation. It is critical that Director of Revenue represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
Education and Experience
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; at least 3 years experience in the finance area in a supervisory role, preferably in a Marriott property.OR
4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major. ; at least 2 years experience in the finance area in a supervisory role, preferably in a Marriott property.
Assisting in Management of Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Provides excellent leadership (e.g., differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and encourages work/life balance). Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy.
- Solicits employee feedback.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Reconciles balance sheet.
- Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Ensures account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
- Candidate must possess a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
- Fluent English (written / oral) is a must. Other languages are appreciated
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com