- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B , Management
- Referentie nr: 19470
- Geplaatst op: 20-09-2017
Start your five-star career at Hilton Amsterdam
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms and 21 banquet rooms at a unique location. With our Team Members we have one target to achieve together: To exceed our guest expectations and to improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Creative, innovative, a great charisma… Hilton Amsterdam! Is this also your goal? Don’t hesitate and join the Hilton family today!
For our Half Moon Lounge Bar we are looking for a hands-on, service oriented Manager who likes a challenge and would like to be a part of our Half Moon Lounge Team.
Half Moon Lounge Bar Manager
A Half Moon Lounge Bar Manager manages the bar service to offer a high quality, efficient beverage service that adds to a superior Guest experience and is in accordance with licensing regulations associated with alcoholic beverages.
What will I be doing?
As a Half Moon Lounge Bar Manager, you will manage the bar service to offer a high quality, efficient beverage service that adds to a superior Guest experience and is in accordance with licensing regulations associated with alcoholic beverages. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain an effective bar service with an emphasis on high quality, efficient service.
- Check that Guest service standards are set, implemented and monitored, and continuously evaluated
- Set-up of the outlet in accordance with the pre-determined standards of the operation
- Comply with licensing regulations and hotel procedures relating to the bar and service of alcoholic beverages and conduct staff training sessions accordingly
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Bar personnel are trained to possess this knowledge and the application of it
- Ensure compliance with and the proper training of Team Members so that all Company Health and Safety, and Fire Regulations and procedures are understood and applied
- Ensure all Team Members are impeccably presented and adhere to the correct uniform standards
- Evaluate the performance of the Team ensuring the highest standards of service are given at all times
- Ensure all Team Members receive an annual and interim appraisal and any other appropriate performance feedback in a timely manner
- Ensure all staff members have a Personal Development Plan that details and actively encourages use of Hilton University and the Hotel training Calendar and that regular follow up is done in accordance with the outlets succession plan
- Deal with sudden staff shortages through absenteeism and report all absences according to Company Attendance Procedures
- Adhere to the Company disciplinary policy and enforce when necessary
- Ensure an appropriate delegation structure is in place and shared amongst the senior team in your absence
- Complete all necessary administration in accordance with Company procedures relating to all staff members
- Produce effective revenue forecasting, as per timelines, and communicate forecasts to the Food and Beverage Manager- ensure targets are set for the team in order to exceed the forecast/ budget
- Maximise revenue and increase average spend per person through upselling, high customer service standards, effective training and motivational techniques
- Maintain adequate staffing levels and control of the labour cost
- Work with Food and Beverage Cost Control to ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely manner and to ensure food and beverage cost control targets are maintained
- Meet or exceed the monthly drink profit margin target
What are we looking for?
A Half Moon Lounge Bar Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer Service experience in supervisory or above capacity
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A medium level of IT proficiency is required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Incentive program based on performance.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Iris Elsinga
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com