- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B , Management
- Referentie nr: 19470
- Geplaatst op: 13-03-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
Located in this iconic hotel is our Half Moon Lounge. The Half Moon Lounge is a nautical style bar divided into a lounge area and summer terrace overlooking the ‘Hilton’ harbor. Where the lounge is perfect to spend a cozy winter day by the fireplace, the terrace is a hip and trendy location to spend a warm summer day.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve together: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Creative, innovative, a great charisma… Hilton Amsterdam!
For our Half Moon Lounge and Terrace we are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and innovative Manager, who is aware of what’s hot & happening and is eager to learn about trends and development within the business.
The Bar Manager will be in charge of the daily operation of the bar and will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain high guest service levels at all times;
- Maximize revenue and increase average spend per person;
- Produce effective revenue forecasting and communicate forecasts to the Food and Beverage Manager- ensure team targets are set in order to exceed the forecast/ budget
- Maintain adequate staffing levels and control of labor cost through e.g. efficient scheduling and planning;
- Comply with licensing regulations and hotel procedures relating to the bar and service of alcoholic beverages and conduct staff training sessions accordingly;
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how beverages are prepared (to recipe) and presented, and how Team Members are trained to possess this knowledge and the application of it;
- Ensure all Team Members receive an annual and interim appraisal plus personal development plan and any other appropriate performance feedback in a timely manner;
- Complete all necessary administration in accordance with Company procedures relating to all Team Members;
- Work with Food and Beverage Cost Control to ensure stock takes are carried out in a timely manner and to ensure food and beverage cost control targets are maintained.
Required skills and competences
You are passionate about mixology and providing excellent service. You have a representative appearance and flexible attitude with a commercial focus! You enjoy a challenge, have a work hard/play hard attitude and can handle work pressure. Besides this, you enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers to achieve maximum results.
The following is required for the role:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an assistant or manager position in a premium bar/ lounge environment;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Accountability and resilience;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluency in English and preferably in Dutch.
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed globally as number 9 of Great Place to Work, we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- The best employee travel program in the industry, offering discounts on Hilton hotel rooms and 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton hotels worldwide;
- Excellent national and international opportunities for career growth;
- Incentive program based on performance
- Travel allowance
- Participation in sport events, team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mike Oosterbaan
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com