- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 22091
- Geplaatst op: 29-11-2019
Algemene informatieStart your career as Banqueting Attendant at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
We are looking for an Banqueting Attendant who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation. It is critical that the Banqueting Attendant represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
As a Banqueting Attendant you prepare everything for meetings and events, such as, coffee breaks, prepare Banquet Event Order, tables, buffets, and service carts. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas. Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same or similar
- Fluency in English
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com