- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 23148
- Geplaatst op: 18-02-2019
Algemene informatieHotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Service Manager Yamazato Restaurant
We are looking for a fulltime Service Manager for our traditional Japanese Kaiseki Restaurant Yamazato. The Restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe.
As Service Manager you are supervising and coordinating all activities concerning Yamazato Restaurant. You work together with two Assistant Service Managers and four Supervisors. From checking daily operations over complaint handling to improving efficiency within the team, you are capable of coordinating different projects and know how to communicate well on all levels of staff.
Yamazato Restaurant is opened daily for dinner from 6.00 until 9.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday it is also open for lunch from noon to 2.00 pm. The team of our Yamazato Restaurant consists of approximately 30 colleagues, including 25 Japanese colleagues.
Your work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week. These shifts are flexible within a 38 hour week, during 5 days a week. You are also available to work on public holidays.
Are you interested in working in an international team and developing yourself in the largest F&B hotel of the Netherlands? Then please contact us!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Be the key person to convey unique Japanese culture and traditions to both guests and team members
- Together with the Executive Chef, be responsible for profit and revenue of the restaurant, aiming for good balance and achieving yearly budget
- Maintain good relationship with kitchen team and on regular base evaluate and improve work
- Give instructions to Assistant Service Managers, Supervisors and other employees
- Develop very good customer relations by handling requests, comments and complaints
- Plan ahead by working together with HR and making sure that staffing level are up to par
- Be responsible for coordination of yearly returning (cultural) eventsManage and organise introduction of new staff
- Attend weekly F&B meetings
- You have 5 or more years of working experience in a similar position in a luxury restaurant.
- Knowledge of Japanese business culture and cuisine is mandatory for this position.
- You employ excellent demonstrable leading skills.
- You are fluent in English, both orally and written.
- The ability to speak Japanese or Dutch is not a requirement, but an advantage.
- You are representative and have an eye for detail.
- You are able to coach and motivate a team.
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Results oriented
- Coaching & Motivating
Contract:1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group VI, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 month salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us or apply via our homepage!
- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Anne Kohlrausch
- Adres: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-6787982
- Website: http://www.okurajobs.nl