- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 24620
- Geplaatst op: 25-07-2022
Ramses Shaffy drank his beer, Harry Mulisch read the newspaper and Mata Hari held her wedding dinner here. An opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant, which is part of the only Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you equally passionate about food and drink as you are about your latest Spotify playlist? Then Café Americain wants you!
As an Assistant Maître, it is up to you to make every guest feel special. You are the face of Café Americain in front of the screens. Cheerfulness and empathy are qualities that are made for you. This way you know how to keep the atmosphere and quality of Café Americain high every day. In addition to receiving and guiding guests, you can also inform them in an animated manner about the different options on the different menu’s. In addition, you help with the care of the mise-en-place and you monitor the Class & Classics concept with a keen eye for detail. By constantly interacting with the kitchen and the team of service employees, you are constantly aware of everything that is going on at Café Americain.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Co-selecting new employees.
- Assigning activities, giving directions/instructions.
- Supervising the progress and quality of the activities, receiving and handling questions/complaints from guests.
- Making work schedules, arranging sufficient staffing (part-timers, stand-by workers).
- Consultation and coordination of activities with other departments.
- Participate in the operation yourself (taking orders, serving wines and dishes, processing dishes at the table, set up the bill and receive payments etc).
- Supervising compliance with safety, health, HACCP and working & presentation methods (corporate identity) regulations.
- At the start of the shift, making a shift planning where you divide the work.
- Correct hours in the system, sick unpaid leave, paid leave, etc.
- Responsible for the correct way of opening/closing the restaurant.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- A high sense of responsibility and extensive work experience in a similar position.
- MBO+/HBO work and think level.
- Insight into the (legal) regulations in the field of safety and (social) hygiene.
- A hospitable, enthusiastic and representative appearance and attitude.
- You have a lot of professional knowledge and you know how to convey this well.
- You know how to motivate your colleagues and to include them in your own enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of the Amsterdam market / hospitality industry is an advantage.
- Independence, creativity and empathy.
- Flexibility in working hours and tasks.
- Fluent in the Dutch and English.
Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive salary.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Interested? We look forward to hear from you!
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/