- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 24621
- Geplaatst op: 30-05-2022
An opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant, which also houses the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you equally passionate about food and drink as you are about your latest Spotify playlist? Then Café Americain wants you!
As a bartender, the bar in the heart of Café Americain is your domain. This is where you will prepare all your drinks, from cappuccino to gin and tonic, with the same loving care - and impeccable quality. You are abreast of the latest trends and ingredients in drinks and beverages. Guests can always consult you about special beers, local spirits or special cocktails - and you will serve each of them with a special individual nuance. A good bartender is cheerful and full of energy, and is always able to come up with an entertaining anecdote or two about the café and hotel. And of course you know how to keep your work area spotlessly clean all day long. So you will make the bar the reason why people visit the Café Americain.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions, it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned;
- Receiving guests, taking orders, providing information about drinks and food;
- Passing on or preparing orders yourself;
- Taking care of the mice & place, such as checking the bar and the sitting area;
- Replenishing the bar stock by collecting and putting away the necessary items;
- Cleaning up the work areas and bar equipment after working hours;
- Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests;
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- MBO 2-3 working and thinking level;
- Familiarity with the (legal) safety and (social) hygiene regulations.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier;
- You have a presentable appearance;
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills;
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well;
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens;
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system);
- Excellent knowledge of bartending (eg. cocktails, liquors, barista etc.).
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/