- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 327
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 28844
- Geplaatst op: 30-05-2022
Do you have a passion for food service and Asian cuisine? Do you want to join a team of young professionals who strive for excellence, attention to detail and perfection? Then the Head Waiter role in Taiko restaurant, Chef Schilo van Coevorden’ s Asian inspired restaurant in the Conservatorium Hotel, may be the perfect position for you!
What are you going to do?
As a Head Waiter in Taiko Restaurant, you will join a team of professionals who are striving to provide the guest with the highest level of service, attention to detail and an overall great experience while dining in Taiko restaurant. You will serve the guests, share your knowledge, enthusiasm and story of Taiko and ensure careful consideration throughout their visit. Within this role you will take orders, provide information about the menus and together with our Sommelier advise guests in food-wine paring. You will carry out preparation of service, such as mise en place, practice correct service recovery when needed and cross sell the other F&B outlets in the hotel, such as Taiko Bar and the Brasserie.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium School. In the early days while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos. Today, guests flock to this space for a fine-dining experience.
This Asian inspired restaurant is created by Schilo van Coevorden. We take our guests on a culinary journey across Asia. Every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details.
Just like in the past, the sounds of the drum bounce of the walls, thanks to the percussionist who plays the Taiko drum during dinner. The kitchen of Taiko Cuisine is opened from 6:00PM – 10:30PM.
Taiko Cuisine is part of the Conservatorium hotel, a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
- Our new colleague is enthusiastic, guest orientated and a team player. He or she is eager to learn and has a passion for food and working in a luxury 5-star hotel environment. Furthermore, you are/have:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel;
- Excellent verbal knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
- Ability to work evenings and weekend shifts.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2150,- (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.
- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Sjoerd Jobse
- Adres: Van Baerlestraat 27
1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-5700000
- Website: http://www.conservatoriumhotel.com