- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 33019
- Geplaatst op: 23-09-2022
Bar Americain, a cocktail bar visited by many celebrities and therefore in possession of a wide variety of celebrity pictures taken by our bartenders themselves. Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you serve, and are you equally passionate about cocktails as you are about your latest Spotify playlist? Then Bar Americain wants you!
As a bartender, your domain will not only be behind the bar itself but the entire outlet. You will prepare all your drinks, from cappuccino to gin and tonics and our signature cocktails, with the same loving care - and impeccable quality. You are abreast of the latest trends and ingredients in drinks and beverages. Guests can always consult you about special beers, local spirits or special cocktails - and you will serve each of them with a special individual nuance. A good bartender is cheerful and full of energy, and is always able to come up with an entertaining anecdote or two about the bar and hotel. And of course you know how to keep your work area spotlessly clean all day long. Feel the vibe and make an impression.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Part of it is Bar Americain, no other hotel bar in Amsterdam has collected this many photos of celebrities which visited the bar throughout the years. With Paradiso and de Melkweg around the corner, Bar Americain has always been the place to be for artists to have a drink. Bar Americain is also known for its signature cocktails rewarded with prestigious awards.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned:
- Receiving guests, taking orders, providing information about drinks and food;
- Preparing orders yourself;
- Taking care of the mice & place, such as checking the bar and the sitting area;
- Replenishing the bar stock by collecting and putting away the necessary items;
- Cleaning up the work areas and bar equipment after working hours;
- Setting the terrace;
- Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Opening and closing the cashier;
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests;
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- MBO 2-3 working and thinking level;
- Familiarity with the (legal) safety and (social) hygiene regulations.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier;
- You have a presentable appearance;
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills;
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well;
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens;
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system);
- Excellent knowledge of bartending (eg. cocktails, liquors, barista etc.).
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel
- A nice colleague bonus scheme
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/