- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 36067
- Geplaatst op: 30-06-2021
Algemene informatieB&F Supervisor
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city.
We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a B&F Supervisor. As a B&F Supervisor you belong to the B&F team. Together with the other supervisors you are responsible for the daily operation in all of the venues at W Amsterdam: The W Lounge, In Room Dining and the Banqueting Department.
W Lounge is W’s reinterpretation of the traditional lobby. W Lounge is the perfect Amsterdam cocktail bar for everyone who is curious about everything that is 'new and next' in the world of mixology. Guests will sip the night away while they listen to the sound of the moment, with views over the Royal Palace.
At W Amsterdam, we leave mild-mannered meetings behind in our chic event venues. With 414 square meters of meeting rooms, W Amsterdam boasts flexible conference equipment that makes business beautiful, meetings memorable and special events spectacular. Guests can find endless possibilities, creative approaches and innovative designs.
With our In Room Dining Service guests can experience a lavish B&F experience in their room. Not your ordinary room service.
As part of the B&F team, you are an all-round B&F expert. It is the teams responsibility to ensure our guests are wowed throughout their stay, wherever they set foot in the hotel. Your main responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Supervise the day to day operations of the W Lounge and bar, In Room Dining and Banqueting to ensure all guests receive luxury service and an on-brand W experience. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards.
- You are responsible for smooth communication and cooperation with other departments. This is an ALL IN experience, we’re all responsible for making sure we give the guests whatever they want, whenever they want it.
- Being in the know: You are the expert when it comes to running the scene. You have all the answers on everything going on in the hotel.
- Run a set of administrative duties next to the operational duties: You are comfortable making schedules, organizing stock counts etc.
- Taking care of the HR related part of the job (appraisals, performance reviews, coaching etc). Couldn’t do this without your team, so you got to make sure you treat them well.
- Motivate the team to bring about excellent performance, making sure you get the best out of everyone. Enforce discipline when required and participate in the evaluation of their performance.
- Ensure the teams are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each order and interaction.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- Making sure everything sparkles, we all enjoy a clean environment
- Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on the floor then.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the same or similar role
- Fluency in English
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Preferably experience in working in nightlife venues (bars/lounges).
- Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com