- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 36610
- Geplaatst op: 05-08-2021
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guests’ expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
We are looking to fill two Shift Leader positions to join either our Roberto’s Restaurant or our Half Moon Lounge (lounge & terrace).
As a Food & Beverage Shift Leader, you will perform daily operations during designated shifts, supervise employees when necessary and ensure that our customers receive outstanding service.
More specifically, your role includes the following responsibilities to be performed to the highest standards.
- Ensure a smooth service sequence taking account of the service standards and the satisfaction of guests
- Full knowledge of regular menu, promotional menus, wine lists and any other promotion in place
- Active promotion of in-house sales by optimal knowledge of all the services in the hotel and promotions of all Food & Beverage outlets
- Anticipates guests’ needs by constantly evaluating the environment and guests for cues
- Delivers legendary guest service by acting with a “guest comes first” attitude
- Develops positive relationships with team members and is able to contribute to team spirit
- Helps and supports organizing opening and closing duties as assigned. Follows Hilton’s operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security
- Assists the Supervisors in performing their tasks
- Complies with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations
- Assists the Food and Beverage supervisor team and supports other departments wherever necessary.
Required skills and competencies
A Food & Beverage Shift Leader serving Hilton is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members to uphold the highest quality in service.
In order to successfully fill this role, we ask the below attitude, skills, and values.
- You are committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- You act with integrity and honesty to support the culture, values and mission of Hilton
- Excellent communication skills required in English, Dutch speaking skills are preferred
- Relevant experience in a Food & Beverage operational role
- Knowledge of hotel cashiering systems
- Flexible in working hours – available to work during weekends and occasional coverage of evening shifts according to business needs
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Travel allowance
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and join the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com