- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 37011
- Geplaatst op: 03-09-2021
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5-star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guests’ expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Half Moon Lounge & Bar we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Bartender to reinforce our Half Moon Lounge Team on a full-time basis. The position includes the following main tasks:
- Deliver outstanding guest service with a “guest comes first” attitude and ensure everyone works with the same philosophy
- Work with a sales-oriented attitude and a drive for upselling
- Anticipate guests’ needs by constantly evaluating the environment and guests for cues
- Ensure a consistent and convincing standard of service and maintain all the service standards and Hilton Policies
- Guarantee a cost-conscious manner of working
- Active promotion of in-house sales by optimal knowledge of all the services of the hotel and the opening times and promotions of all Food & Beverage outlets
- Preparation of signature cocktails and constant quality checks of all bar products
- Constantly searching for innovative additions to the bar selection that comply with Hilton’s quality and sustainability standards
- Usage of cash system, booking and posting of all transactions
- Full knowledge of the regular menu, promotional menus, wine lists and any other promotion in place
- Knowledge of the latest trends in drinks and preparation techniques
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations
For this position, we are looking for a creative, pro-active and involved bar enthusiast who can delight and surprise our guests with his/her creations.
Therefore, we are looking for the following attitude and skills.
- You are committed to delivering high levels of guest service
- You have great commercial and multitasking skills
- You act with integrity and honesty to support the culture, values and mission of Hilton
- Excellent communication skills required in English, Dutch speaking skills are preferred
- A minimum of 1 year’ experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of spirits, cocktails and wines
- You are available both during the week and the weekend for early and late shifts
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com