- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 1175
- Geplaatst op: 12-07-2021
An opportunity to start your career in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant, part of the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands. Are you a natural host(ess), do you love making people happy and do you like variety? Keep on reading because we are looking for you!
In the morning you wake up early, because you have a breakfast shift. Together with your colleagues you will make sure the breakfast is ready and you provide guests with coffee and tea. At 12 o’clock, after cleaning up, your shift is over and someone else will take over. Tomorrow you have a late shift and you will be helping during diner. Next to Café Americain you will be trained in Bar Americain, Room Service, Kitchen and Banqueting. No day is the same for a F&B intern in our hotel and that’s why this internship will be so much fun! You enjoy the enthusiastic guests and make sure to provide them with the best service possible. Because if you are happy, your guests will be as well!
In the fifties, Café Americain had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American , which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and filled with personality.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all menu items;
- Ensure restaurant is clean and in order at all times, including tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, and décor;
- Ensure sequence of service is followed for all guests;
- Greet guests, take food and beverage orders, and suggestive sell;
- Serve food and beverages, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy;
- Accommodate guests’ special requests whenever possible;
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff;
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures;
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service;
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all;
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- You are following a relevant education
- You are social and you have a friendly and welcoming attitude;
- You are immune to stress, work diligent and have a sense of responsibility;
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a good listener;
- You have a proactive attitude;
- You like to work in teams but are also capable of working independently;
- You live in the Amsterdam area;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- A varied and educational internship;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Career opportunities after your internship;
Interested? We look forward to hear from you!
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/