- Bedrijf: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Standplaats: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 62
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B , Management
- Referentie nr: 42067
- Geplaatst op: 01-08-2022
Algemene informatieWill you become our new leader and divergent thinker; Banquet Operations Manager?
We are looking for the right individual whom is translating theory into operational practice, can weather through unanticipated storms, builds relationships and keeps the Banquet operation running smoothly & efficiently. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities, planning, overall departmental performance, brand standards and health & safety of the department.
The banqueting facilities are located within the hotel and the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space exceeding 1900m2, incl. 11 modern and spacious conference and boardroom all equipped with high tech AV solutions. Through ijVENUES, the new exhibition centre of Amsterdam, both participants and conference space is greatly extended, with endless creative meeting opportunities together with our various partners.
The Banquet Operations has a dedicated team of around 5 staff members; one (1) Banquet Operations Manager, two (2) Supervisors and Banquet waiters. The Banquet Operations Manager is reporting to the F&B Manager as part of the F&B Department, consisting of All-Day Dining Restaurant, Lobby & Lounge Bar, In-room dining, kitchen, (outsourced) stewarding and Banquet Operations.
Your main responsibilities and tasks:
- Takes responsibility of the business performance of the Banquet Operations department
- Maintains excellent interdepartmental communication and co-operation with other F&B outlets, kitchen, purchasing and stewarding to achieve F&B Department goals / KPI’s;
- Leads and coordinate daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service;
- Identifies and co-ordinate general housekeeping and maintenance of the Banquet Operations department;
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the C&E Mgr., Exec. Chef, and F&B Mgr. to ensure all client’s needs and requirements will be met as translated in the BEOs;
- Ensures operational Meeting & Events policies and brand standards are being met/delivered;
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and Plate / Buffet presentation;
- Development and maintenance of department manual/standards;
- Recruits, manage and motivate employees;
- Leads, train and continuously educate to develop the team to a higher aspired quality of service level and to stimulate career progression;
- Monitors quality of service levels and put where needed actions in place to further improve scores;
- Acts as the point of contact, introduce oneself to the host(s) and is handling complaints;
- Maintains strong relationship with temp agencies and other external partners;
- Ensures C&E revenue is in line versus cost and overall profitability levels;
- Prepares reports at the end of a shift, day or period, including staff control, hygiene, and health and safety;
- Checks stock levels, order supplies and controls (maintains) china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment;
You are a team player, with a hands-on mentality, whom is versed in more than solely Food & Beverage, is detail oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking, creative, enjoys a challenge, have a work hard/play hard attitude and can handle pressure. You enjoy creating ownership, and building strong relationships with your team and guests to ensure the maximum results.
- Minimum of 4 years’ successful experience as a Banquet Operations Manager or junior manager in a similar (international) 4 or 5 star hotel banqueting and/or catering environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent is desired;
- Knowledge of latest audio visual equipment, and international experience is an advantage;
- The drive, stress resilient and passion to make continuous changes and improvements;
- Service minded attitude, with a flexible hands-on approach;
- Proven capabilities to deliver profit, control costs and build colleague & guest loyalty/satisfaction;
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Capable to work with Excel / Word software;
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch; in both verbal and in writing.
We are a member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according to the Dutch labor agreement.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts offers:
- Full-time contract of 38 hours per week
- This position is classified in scale 9 with a salary between the €2.961 - €3.789 gross per month according to the Horeca CAO.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Travel allowance up to €150,- per month, based on the amount of km.
- Night allowance of 20% and Sunday allowance of 5%
- Pension fund;
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities;
- Incentive program based on performance;
- Staff uniforms and laundry service;
- Staff meals;
- Discounts on Rooms and Food & Beverage within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts;
- Vitality program;
- Tax advantages on bikes and laptops;
- Employee recognition program;
- Various staff events.
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: http://www.mpamsterdamjobs.com/
- Bedrijf: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Contact persoon / afdeling: personeels zaken
- Adres: Piet Heinkade 11
1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 519 1200
- Website: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam/overview/
- Privacyverklaring: https://www.movenpick.com/en/privacy-policy/