- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Standplaats: Stadhouderskade 12, 1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 131
- Dienstverband: Afstudeer Opdracht, Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 42117
- Geplaatst op: 05-08-2022
Algemene informatieWith its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
Supervise Food and Beverage operations in an efficient and responsible way. Be the contact person for our guests and employees during Food service periods by being highly visible in the Public areas. Operate by using Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOP and LSOP), recipes and procedures as set down in the Associate Handbook. Work on several administrative tasks and projects.
What you will be doing:
- Respect rules and regulations according to your position and as laid down in the Associate Handbook
- Responsible for the effective performance of your staff
- Responsible of the check book and purchase others
- Assist with the over and short report from finance
- Organize and conduct 15 minute training for all associates on a daily basis
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and take the Hands-on approach
- Handle administrative tasks as follows; supervision of floats, closing and consolidating shift revenue and associated documentation, all required reports are completed correctly and any other administrative tasks requested by management
- Schedule Associates according to the level of business
- Take the lead in Associate Satisfaction and address any issues in a timely and professional manner
- Conduct Associate appraisals and 6 monthly follow up according to the due dates
- Attend meetings as requested by Food and Beverage management and make an effective contribution to them
- Maintain open communication with other Supervisors, Managers and Associates from all other Departments in the Hotel
- Attend Departmental meetings and create professional meeting minutes
- Work shifts assigned to you and in conjunction with restaurants manager and providing direction for associates
- Follow rules and regulations of the Hotel and department and ensure Associates are both aware of them and abide by them
- Work within a team which has responsibility for all F&B outlets contributing to service improvement within the department
- Ensure that all your actions work toward, satisfying guests, developing and empowering Associates and achieve the Hotels and Company goals and objectives
- Create and maintain a good communication environment with all departments on a daily basis
- Be a supportive and cooperative member of Total Quality Management (TQM) vision
- Set an example to your Associates: Reporting to work on time according to your Schedule and maintaining the Hotel uniform, act at all times in the presence of Guests and Associates in a professional manner
- Maintain brand standards in the Hotel according to current criteria and ensure Associates are kept updated
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards in the Department
- Ensure department has an on-going training program both for new and existing Associates
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a wide package of benefits:
- A professional environment to work in.
- Your uniform will be dry-cleaned by the hotel.
- Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job.
- Free lunch or Dinner in our canteen
- Career possibilities within Marriott International.
- Special discounted rates for 7000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends.
- A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year.
- Many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Jane Kryston
- Adres: Stadhouderskade 12
1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0206075575
- Website: http://www.amsterdammarriott.com