- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 3301
- Geplaatst op: 02-01-2019
Join the classis and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Banqueting Department we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Event Operations Waiter on an hourly basis. Within this position, your main tasks will be:
- Providing an excellent service to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Setting up meeting rooms according to the Hilton Standards before service
- Ensuring guest satisfaction during every event
- To deal with any guest complaint and to ensure that the Banqueting Shiftleader and
- Checking expiration date food items and using FIFO system
- Controlling costs within the department in cooperation with the Banqueting Shiftleader and Supervisor
- Ensuring cleanliness of all back of house pantries by making use of the cleaning checklists
- Ensuring all back of house storage areas are clean and organised
- To follow trainings as required by the Banqueting Manager and the demand of the business, including periodic fire and safety trainings, BHV and HACCP
- To maintain standards by on the job trainings
Required skills and competences
- Service oriented
- Hospitable attitude
- Positive and friendly attitude towards our guests and fellow Team Members
- Fair and polite to his / her colleagues and Team Members; creates and maintains a trustful relationship
- Representative appearance
- Great eye for detail
- Flexible in working morning, afternoon and evening shifts (both weekdays as weekends)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and join the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Iris Elsinga
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com