- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 3300
- Geplaatst op: 25-11-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Banqueting Department we are currently looking for a flexible and enthusiastic Banqueting Shiftleader on a full-time base. Within this position your main tasks will be:
- Ensuring guest satisfaction during events.
- Being able to operationally run small events independently from start to finish
- In charge of running a bigger event and pro-actively work together with your team to make the event a success. You are responsible for guiding your team members and brief them on the event.
- Events can vary from a conference with a buffet lunch and coffee breaks to a 3-course served dinner and even as far as some special and high profile events like weddings, bar/bat mitzwas, internally marketed events like Easter and Christmas Brunches and our infamous Haring Party (up to 1000 guests)
- In charge of the full planning of an evening shift operationally, where you, together with your team, set up the meeting rooms for the next day and be responsible for the final check.
- Being responsible for the opening and closing of the shift in the Event Operations department
- Deal and action any guest complaints and to ensure that the Event Operations Supervisor is informed about all complaints, comments and actions taken.
- Ensure that the Meeting and Conference Centre and all public spaces and equipment are clean at all times.
- Keep pantries clean and organised by use of cleaning checklist.
- Duty of care towards the hotel's installations and equipment. Issuing instructions to all Team Members.
- Order all meeting supplies, food and beverages and make sure they are in line with par levels, as well as using the FIFO system.
- To follow trainings as required by the Event Operations Manager and the demand of the business, including periodic fire and safety trainings.
- To maintain standards by on the job trainings and assist in the training of the team in conducting such trainings on the floor as well.
- Participation in meetings and training courses.
Skills and competences:
- Service oriented
- Strong operational organizer and planner
- Great eye for detail
- Create and maintain trustful relationships with guests and colleagues
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position
- A Hotel or Tourism education is preferred
- Flexible in working morning, afternoon and evening shifts (both weekdays as weekends)
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferred
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Travel allowance
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mira Oudt
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com