- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 3300
- Geplaatst op: 02-01-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Event Operations Department we are currently looking for a flexible and enthusiastic Event Operations Shiftleader on a full-time base. Within this position your main tasks will be:
Care of guest:
- Ensuring guest satisfaction during events.
- To deal with any guest complaints and to ensure that the Banquet Supervisor is informed about all complaints, comments and actions taken.
- Communicate with other departments regarding an event.
- Take over from the previous shift and obtain information at the beginning of the shift on all relevant information.
- Ensure that the Meeting and Conference Centre is clean at all times.
- Sign off the checklists of the shiftleaders.
- Ordering linen.
- Keep pantries clean and organised by use of cleaning checklist.
- Keep storage areas clean and organized.
- Promoting additional sales during events and encouraging Team Members to make additional sales by corresponding training.
- Duty of care towards the hotel’s installations and equipment. Issuing instructions to all Team Members.
- Checks expiration date food item and uses FIFO system.
- Ensure correct bookings.
- To follow trainings as required by the Banquet Service Manager and the demand off the business, including periodic fire and safety trainings.
- To maintain standards by on the job trainings.
- Participation in meetings and training courses.
- Service oriented
- Strong organizer and planner
- Great eye for detail
- Create and maintain trustful relationships with guests and colleagues
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position
- A Hotel or Tourism education is preferred
- Flexible in morning and evening shifts
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferred
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Travel allowance
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Iris Elsinga
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com