- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 7406
- Geplaatst op: 17-06-2019
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Food & Beverage Operations Department we are currently looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and proactive trainee who likes a challenge and wants to support our Food & Beverage Manager. In this position you will assist in all our Food & Beverage outlets, such as Roberto’s, Half Moon Lounge, Issimo’s, Room Service en Banqueting. Within this internship you will support the team with the following tasks:
Service to guests;
- Taking care of guests within the Food & Beverage outlets in accordance with the Hilton Brand Service Standards and Hilton Policies
- Ensure guest satisfaction by taking care of all guest needs and by going the extra mile
- Handle and solve guest complaints according to our Make it Right policy
- Active promotion of in-house sales by optimal knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and services
Communication & Cooperation;
- Support the Food & Beverage outlets with all types of tasks when needed
- Follow up and assist in requests from the Food & Beverage Manager and Hotel Manager
- Participate in internal meetings and training courses
- Give advice to the departments and assist on the floor
- Have general knowledge about the hotel, the facilities and the services
- Awareness of the opening times, special promotions, regular guests etc. of all departments
- Full knowledge of regular menu, promotional menus, wine lists and any other promotion in place
- Know the important aspects such as guest names, special requests etc. during large events
- Knowledge of the Micros system in order to book and post transactions made
Required skills and competences:
- Hardworking and stress resistant
- Service oriented and pro-active
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Looking for an internship of at least 6 months
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling:
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com