- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 8394
- Geplaatst op: 11-02-2019
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Half Moon Lounge (hotel bar & terrace) we are looking for a spontaneous trainee who likes a challenge and wants to reinforce our Half Moon Lounge Team. During this internship you will support the team with the following tasks:
- Taking care of guests from arrival to departure in accordance with our standards
- Ensure a consistent and convincing standard of service and maintain all the service standards and Hilton Policies
- Continuous promotion of additional sales
- Active contribution to hospitable service
- Guarantee a cost-conscious manner of working
- Active promotion of in-house sales by optimal knowledge of all the services of the hotel, the opening times and promotions of all Food & Beverage outlets
- Knowledge of the use the Micros cash system en correct booking and cashing up if necessary for all services provided
- Booking and posting of all transactions
- Full knowledge of the menu, promotional menus, wine lists and any other promotion in place
- Knowledge of last trend in drinks and preparation techniques
Required skills and competences
- Service orientend
- Hospitable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Representative appearance
- Top seller
- Fluent in English
- Hotel or Tourism school is a preference
- Internship must be part of a current education
- Is available both during the week as the weekend for early and late shifts
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Iris Elsinga
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com