- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Standplaats: Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 192
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 15432
- Geplaatst op: 13-06-2019
Algemene informatieWanted! A Food & Beverage Supervisor/Sommelier with endless passion for wines!
The Supervisor/Sommelier at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is responsible for determining the wine selection in all Food & Beverage outlets within the hotel, with the key focus on Bowery restaurant including our Vine Room. Furthermore, the Supervisor/Sommelier recommends wines during a la carte dinner service in Bowery restaurant and private events in our Vine Room, as well as wine arrangements for private group dinners and wine tasting events. In this role the Supervisor/Sommelier is responsible for supervising the operation of our Bowery Restaurant and Room Service, to deliver an excellent guest experience while working with the team to ensure departmental targets are met.
We are looking for a passionate story teller, who takes guest preferences as a starting point and lifts the overall taste experiences of our guests to a higher level through exciting wine-food pairings. Why should the dish be a starting point for your recommendation? In our Vine Room we start with the wine and build the menu around it. Our current Vine Room menu comprises around 100 different wines and is not build around classic or expected menu rules. The goal is to surprise and educate our guests on their wine experience.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
As one of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's global travelers, we shape experiences in which every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Supervisor/Sommelier, you are responsible for recommending wines complementing our dishes and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines. Also, you will be supervising the operation of our Bowery Restaurant and Room Service to deliver an excellent guest experience. You would also be required to communicate and delegate tasks to the team to ensure departmental targets are achieved.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise the daily operations in our Bowery restaurant and Room Service
- Assist restaurant management with training and development of team members
- Develop wine menus together with other members of the F&B Team
- Represent needs of the team
- Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
- Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes & menus
- Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist F&B management with achieving financial targets
- Ensure accurate billing
- Be environmentally aware
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Ensure compliance of Hilton Brand Standards
What are we looking for?
A Supervisor/Sommelier serving Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow: It would be advantageous for this position if you possess:
- Previous F&B experience and minimum 6 months supervisory experience in a F&B role.
- Previous sommelier experience in a 4-5 star hotel or high quality restaurant
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Able to think out of the box and be creative
- Excellent food & beverage pairing knowledge
- Knowledge of food hygiene regulations
- Excellent communication skills and natural motivator
- Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Fluent English language, speaking and writing
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Fluent in Dutch language, speaking and writing
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will be able to make use of the Hilton Travel Program which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would benefit from working for a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Anouk Bos
- Adres: Schiphol Boulevard 701
1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: + 31 (0)20 710 4046
- Website: http://www.hiltonworldwide.com/careers