- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 33021
- Geplaatst op: 23-12-2019
Algemene informatieDo you whistle (or rock?!) on your way to work, thinking of ways in which your guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience - all over again? Are you a stickler for precision, whether when tuning your guitar or maintaining our hotel in a flawless condition? Chances are you are going to rock in your job as Housekeeping Hero.
The Housekeeping Floor Supervisor is responsible for the daily inspection of up to 70 Rooms per day according to agreed high standards of cleanliness and presentation aimed at maximising guest satisfaction. Apart from checking rooms, you will be responsible for managing all work areas on your allocated area of the hotel, for example, corridors, service areas and equipment. You will be responsible for coaching and coordinating up to 8 Room Attendants. High levels of communication are expected between Front Office regarding room status as well as reporting any malfunctions in the room to the Engineering department.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Checking rooms to required company standard for staying and arriving guests
- Coaching Room Attendants in order to maximize guests satisfaction
- Training new employees company expectations
- Periodic Evaluation Talks with Room Attendants
- Checking of Public Areas according to company standards
- Participate and contribute towards improvements in working procedures
- Responsible for the registration of Lost Property
- Responsible for conclusive Handover for evening shift
- Checking Stock caddies/carts with all required cleaning supplies, linen, amenities, and equipment.
- Maintain awareness of guests in corridors, greeting guests in passing, using names when known, moving carts to allow guests to pass, and turning off vacuum cleaners when guests are present.
- Enter guest rooms according to procedures, including respecting Do Not Disturb rooms.
- Ensure all equipment in guest room is in working order and all amenities are free of damage,
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- MBO 3 working and thinking level, with at least 2 years experience in a similar position
- You can handle stress well and have a high sense of responsibility;
- You have a presentable appearance, are passionate by nature and have a proactive attitude;
- You are a good team player but can also work independently;
- You have a service-oriented and guest-centred attitude. The guest is your number 1 priority;
- You have the ability to enthuse, guide and coach your team, and to familiarise them with the work.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Do you also speak (a little) French, German or Spanish? We would consider that a huge advantage!
- You are service-oriented and have an eye for detail
- You are flexible
- You have a sense of responsibility
- You are a good team player, but can also work independently.
- You maintain a high standard of quality.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- You are willing to work on weekends
- Passion for music (and knowledge of music trends preferred.?)
- Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services.
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.amsterdamamericanhotel.com/nl/