- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 33023
- Geplaatst op: 23-12-2019
Algemene informatieDo you whistle (or rock?!) on your way to work, thinking of ways in which your guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience - all over again? Are you a stickler for precision, whether when tuning your guitar or maintaining our hotel in a flawless condition? Chances are you are going to rock in your job as Housekeeping Hero.
The Houseman is responsible for a combination of duties including linen transport throughout the hotel and delivering any other needs of the guest. As well as linen all service areas must be filled with Guest Amenities.
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Transport of Clean and dirty linen to and from the floors using elevators
- Carrying out any guests requests as instructed by Floor Supervisor or Front office
- Carrying out small repairs within rooms such as curtains that are hanging loose
- Remove and re-hang curtains for periodic washing
- Remove and Place Roll away beds and baby beds if required
- Maintain stock levels of Guest Amenities in service areas
- Carrying cleaning tasks as requested by the Supervisor such as Balconies
- Maintain awareness of guests in corridors, greeting guests in passing, using names when known, moving carts to allow guests to pass, and turning off vacuum cleaners when guests are present.
- Enter guest rooms according to procedures, including respecting Do Not Disturb rooms.
- If necessary, clean rooms according to full room cleaning sequence, when required.
- If necessary, deep clean guest rooms according to schedule.
- Remove In Room Dining trays/tables from guest rooms and corridors.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Be aware of the Sound Check meeting information on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
- This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Secondary school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 1 year.
- You have a hospitable and service-oriented attitude
- You are enthusiastic and flexible
- You have an eye for detail and willingly take the initiative
- You maintain a high standard of quality.
- You live in the Amsterdam area
- You are a real team player; you try to achieve the best result along with your colleagues as a team!
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- You are willing to work on weekends
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- A challenging job;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Appropriate salary;
- Discount on overnight stay and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance.
- The Inhouse Experience (after probationary period).
Interested? We look forward to hear from you!
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.amsterdamamericanhotel.com/nl/