- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 35504
- Geplaatst op: 04-06-2021
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’.
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, motivated and service-oriented Houseman to join our Housekeeping team. The position is offered on a zero-hour basis. Within this position, your main tasks will be:
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the public areas within the entire hotel and in the outside areas
- Checking and refilling linen supplies within the service areas
- Setting up and removing the rollaway beds from the guestrooms and corridors
- Hoovering the meeting spaces within the hotel and cleaning the elevators, mirrors, doors and ashtrays
- Cleaning the offices and heart of house areas
- Preparing the dirty laundry for transport and dividing the incoming linen over the different stocks
- Collecting guest laundry for the laundry service
- Keeping guest supplies and amenities in stock in the main store and on every floor within the hotel
- Following up the guests needs and requests
- Supporting with any other tasks when needed or requested by the Housekeeping manager and supervisors
Required skills and competences
- Positive attitude
- Eye for detail
- Able to keep an overview and work independently
- Experience within a similar position in the hospitality industry
- Excellent knowledge the English language, Dutch is preferred
- Available to work during morning and evening shifts as well as occasionally covering nights shifts (between 23.00 and 7.00)
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Travel Allowance
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and join the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com