- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 40186
- Geplaatst op: 11-04-2022
Algemene informatieStyle Supervisor
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Style Supervisor. In a normal hotel you would call this Housekeeping Supervisor, but normal gets you nowhere! You will be joining the Style Team. Our Style Team is responsible for making the entire hotel sparkle, making sure the design is always on point. We don’t call them Style for nothing.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading and Supervising style talent while they are performing their duties
- Responsible for the daily operation of our Style Department. You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dream come true.
- Being in the know: you are the expert when it comes to our rooms, laundry room, public areas and hotel facilities.
- Open the day in style and set the team up for success: Make sure your team knows what is expected of them and equip them with all they need to succeed.
- Ensure you are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each process
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on shift then.
- Ensuring you are well prepared for the shift ahead of you, as well as your colleagues after you. Mise en Place will be your life saver.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage. You act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Style, Engineering, Welcome Desk, and Laundry.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Assisting Housekeeping manager in daily operation, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating style talent
- Stocking and maintaining any Style supplies
- In case we mess up, taking care of guest complaints and ensure we exceed their expectations with a solution to their problem.
- Join daily warm up meetings and all other relevant hotel meetings.
- Ensuring all guests rooms are ready for arrivals, stay overs and turn down service.
- Responding to personal guests request, even if the guests didn’t know they needed something.
- Inspecting guest rooms and public areas after being cleaned by a stylist to ensure the quality standards.
- Verifying room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms
- Reporting any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries;
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same or similar role
- Fluency in English
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Experience in the Luxury Segment is an advantage
- Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com