- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 144
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 40473
- Geplaatst op: 26-04-2022
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in The Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve together: exceed our guests’ expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Creative, innovative, a great charisma… Hilton Amsterdam!
For our Housekeeping department we are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to reinforce the team on a full-time basis. The position includes the following main tasks:
- Manages the allocation of work for the public area cleaners, housemen and housekeeping attendants
- Manages the team members independently in accordance with the relevant guidelines
- Communicates and delegates tasks to the team to ensure a smooth running of the shift
- Assists with training by positively reinforcing successful performance and applying coaching techniques wherever necessary
- Develops positive relationships with team members and is able to address individual needs and concerns
- Carries out routine quality inspections in all front and back of the house areas and guest rooms
- Ensures team members are aware of all VIP guests and special requests
- Anticipates guests’ needs by constantly evaluating the environment and guests for cues
- Complies with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations
- Assists the Housekeeping management team and supports other departments wherever necessary
- Is responsible for administration tasks such as managing the lost property office, key control and working hours registration
- Is aware of cleaning methods and products as well as the use of cleaning machinery
- Supports the Housekeeping management team in stock control and ordering
Required skills and competencies
For this position, we are looking for an organized, pro-active and involved Housekeeping enthusiast who can offer 5*-service and motivate our team members.
Therefore, we are looking for the following attitude and skills.
- You are committed to delivering high levels of guest service
- You act with integrity and honesty to support the culture, values and mission of Hilton
- Excellent communication skills required in English, Dutch speaking skills are preferred
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in a supervisory role in a similar department
- Good computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and hotel systems)
- Organized, accurate with an eye for detail
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- International and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com