- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping
- Referentie nr: 41914
- Geplaatst op: 22-07-2022
Algemene informatieLaundry Talent
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Linnen Attendant. You will be joining the Style Team. Our Style Team is responsible for making the entire hotel sparkle, making sure the design is always on point. We don’t call them Style for nothing.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- As Laundry Attendant you are responsible for the daily operation of the linnen room: You hand out linnen and uniforms to talent, and also ensure guest laundry is taken care of.
- You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests’ dream come true.
- Should know basic tailoring works.
- Being in the know: you are the expert when it comes to linnen room and hotel facilities.
- Showing guests and Talent our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evening, so expect to be on shift then.
- Ensuring you are well prepared for the shift ahead of you, as well as your colleagues after you. Mise en Place will be your life saver.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Ensure you are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each process. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Reporting any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries;
- Respond promptly to requests from Style supervisor/coordinator.
- Ensure correct usage of machinery and cleaning products.
- Maintenance of the uniform inventory: Making sure all talent look impeccable at all times. You make sure all uniforms are clean and you are able to perform small repairs on them. You do stock count and know exactly what we have available in the laundry room.
- Ensure all administration that is relevant for the laundry room is taken care of.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same or similar role
- Fluency in English
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Experience in the Luxury Segment is an advantage
- Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com