- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Standplaats: Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 192
- Dienstverband: Afstudeer Opdracht, Stage
- Functie categorie: Housekeeping , Management
- Referentie nr: 32367
- Geplaatst op: 17-10-2019
Algemene informatieWe are recruiting a Housekeeping Supervisor Trainee per February 2020!
The Housekeeping Team of Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Housekeeping Supervisor Trainee to be part of our team as of February 2020.
Attention: this position is only available for students!
During your internship you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of the Housekeeping department and other departments involved. You will gain relevant experience in areas such as, scheduling and leadership skills (the ability to delegate, motivate, coach and communicate effectively to maintain a high level of service). This internship is divided in administrative tasks as well as operational responsibilities.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Housekeeping Supervisors in the daily sequence of operations.
- Making ready of hotel rooms according to the standards of Hilton.
- Assist and supervise the allocation of work for all the -Housekeeping Team Members.
- -Taking care of any problems with Guestrooms, Guests or Team Members which occur.
- Ensure Guest Satisfaction by upholding cleanliness on the floors and public areas.
- Motivate, training and Coaching of employees.
- Supervise Appropriate dress, hygiene and cleanliness of uniforms within the Housekeeping Department.
- Identify possible improvements within the department.
- Uphold our brand standards on Cleanliness of the Rooms, by checking and improving the effectiveness and quality of work processes.
- Carry out routine inspections in all housekeeping areas.
- Assist in monitoring departmental costs.
- Responsible for maintaining the Housekeeping stores in proper state, requests from the stores and ordering supplies.
- Monitor guest complaints and carry out corrective measures on our lowest scores.
- Ensure that Housekeeping staff and cleaning companies are familiar with the equipment and services in the hotel, in order to be of assistance to the guests.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Good knowledge of the English language (Dutch is an asset)
- A passion to deliver Excellent Guest Service and “going above and beyond” for our guests!
- Good communication skills
- Able to successfully work with a team and also independently
- The ability to motivate other people
During the first half of your internship you will be invited to the Hilton New Team Member Orientation and the Your Guest Experience Program. In April and November we will organize a Trainee Dinner for all interns. Trainees also have the ability to make use of all regular trainings and workshops within the Training & Development guidelines of Hilton Schiphol. Besides you will have access to the online Hilton University by an e-learning license. All means to develop yourself!
What makes us unique as employer?
Do you thrive in your personal and professional life? Within Hilton we believe a good balance between personal and work life is very important. For this reason we offer our team members, among other things, flexible work hours, healthy options in the team member restaurant, team building and sports activities, development opportunities and several activities regarding team member appreciation.
Hilton aims to create a diverse and inclusive organizational culture, so it does not make a difference to us where you were born, what you believe in or who you love! We are curious about you and your talent and are happy to help you grow within our organization.
Our hotel and all our offices are accessible with a wheelchair and if needed we are able to adjust the workplace.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement, travel allowance and excellent learning & development opportunities.
As an employee you will be able to enroll in the GO Hilton program that offers reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus F&B discounts at Hilton hotels in The Netherlands. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would benefit from working for a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Sounds good? Please feel free to contact us and apply!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Danielle van Lavieren
- Adres: Schiphol Boulevard 701
1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: + 31 (0)20 710 4046
- Website: http://www.hiltonworldwide.com/careers