- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Standplaats: Amsteldijk 67, 1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 70
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 32453
- Geplaatst op: 24-10-2019
Algemene informatiePestana Amsterdam Riverside is part of the PESTANA HOTEL GROUP which is the largest multinational group from Portugal in the tourism sector. With a growing worldwide operations, with 100 hotels present in 15 countries, has more than 11.000 rooms under direct management, as a global team of 7.000 professionals and is chosen by more than 3 million customers per year.
Rising above the hippest part of town, De Pijp, Pestana Amsterdam Riverside is a 5-star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Located in the former Town Hall and Archive of the Amstel Community, it is a true National Monument.
With 154 bedrooms & suites, a Spa, including indoor swimming pool and sauna, a gym, 10 meeting rooms, and a beautiful restaurant & bar. This hotel is the new luxury home in Amsterdam.
At Pestana we want to ensure that everyone has The time of their lives! Therefore we are looking for individuals with a professional manner and strong team spirit to join our team.
Are you client- and service orientated? A true leader? And you are not afraid to make decisions? Then we are looking for you!
Pestana Amsterdam Riverside is looking for a passionate Head Chef to be at the forefront of our transition from an outsourced - to a newly branded, self-managed restaurant.
This position will involve building and leading the kitchen team, menu planning for the Restaurant, Room Service as well as Conference and Banqueting and being the first in command in the kitchen, ensuring high gastronomic standards.
You will report directly to the general manager of our Hotel.
- In cooperation with the management team, implementing a new concept into our Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Banqueting
- Create new dishes and menus;
- Plan orders of equipment and ingredients;
- Control and direct the preparation process;
- In charge of hiring, managing and coaching of the kitchen staff;
- Oversee cost and hour control;
- The monitoring of waste and portion control;
- Comply with nutrition & sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Has prior experience as a sous chef or head chef of a similar operation;
- Is up to date with the culinary trends;
- Is a true leader and able to motivate subordinates;
- Can anticipate and come up with solutions regarding ad hoc situations;
- Speaks English and Dutch;
- Has credentials in health and safety training;
- Has IT and computer skills to enable you to order, control food stock and manage team rotas.
- Full-time employment;
- Salary in accordance with the hospitality employment conditions, appropriate to the position and experience;
- A dynamic but relaxed, international work environment;
- Friendly, passionate & fun colleagues;
- Special discount rates for over 100 Pestana properties worldwide;
- International growth opportunities, as priority is given to applications within the Pestana Hotel Group worldwide;
- Learning and development opportunities through our online courses.
Hi new colleague?
Nice to meet you. My name is Danny, HR Business Partner for the Pestana Amsterdam Riverside. A beautiful hotel where we are looking for passionate colleagues. Because we have a small team, there is a lot of freedom – this comes with responsibility.
The bar is high - and you should like that.
Congratulations, you have reached the end of this vacancy!
Does this mean that you are still enthusiastic? And do you see yourself in our team? Then I invite you to be creative and share your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Danny Dingjan
- Adres: Amsteldijk 67
1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 22 06 900
- Website: https://www.pestanacollection.com/nl/hotel/pestana-amsterdam-riverside