- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Standplaats: Amsteldijk 67, 1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 60
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 42264
- Geplaatst op: 16-08-2022
Algemene informatieHi new colleague?
Let’s introduce myself, my name is Francisca, and I am the HR Business Partner working at Pestana Amsterdam Riverside, a beautiful monumental hotel along the Amstel River where we are looking for passionate colleagues to join our team. Are you the one who picks up the pieces and wants to be part of a fun and hard-working team? Then we are looking for you!
The PESTANA HOTEL GROUP is the largest Portuguese hotel chain present in the tourism sector. Our hotels are operating in more than 16 countries with a global team of 7,000 professionals.
Pestana Amsterdam Riverside has 154 modern and historical rooms, a spa with one of the largest indoor swimming pools of Amsterdam, a well-equipped gym and 10 meeting rooms where we host events up to 200 people. At last, but not least, our beautiful restaurant and bar Archive where guests enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This hotel might be your new or next luxury home in Amsterdam!
What will you be doing?
Pestana Amsterdam Riverside is looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef who shares a passion for gastronomy and can assist with the transition from an outsourced - to a newly branded, self-managed restaurant.
The position involves, coaching & leading the kitchen team. You will work closely with the Head Chef in the creation of new dishes and in absence of the Chef you will be in charge of managing the kitchen brigade. You will aid with purchasing and cost and hour control.
- In cooperation with the Head Chef and F&B Manager, implementing a new concept into our Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Banqueting;
- Assist with the creation of new dishes and menus;
- Plan orders of equipment and ingredients;
- Control and direct the preparation process;
- Ensure that dishes are produced to the required standards of quality;
- Assist with cost and hour control;
- The monitoring of waste and portion control;
- Ability to learn and communicate a comprehensive product knowledge based on products within a department;
- Ensure that all Food Safety procedures are followed daily.
We expect someone that:
- Has prior experience as a sous chef of a similar operation;
- Is up to date with the culinary trends;
- Is a true leader and able to motivate subordinates;
- Can anticipate and come up with solutions regarding ad hoc situations;
- Can plan and coordinate the daily operations of food preparation;
- Can manage the different kitchen sections;
- Speaks English and Dutch;
- Has credentials in health and safety training;
- Has IT and computer skills to enable you to order, control food stock and manage team rotas.
- Full Time employment
- Salary in accordance with the hospitality employment conditions, appropriate to the position and experience
- A dynamic but relaxed, international work environment
- Friendly, passionate & fun colleagues
- International growth opportunities, as priority is given to applications within the Pestana Hotel Group worldwide
- Learning and development opportunities through our online courses.
- 1-night Guest Experience in our hotel including breakfast
- Access to the hotel gym
- Team outings
- 50% discount on bars and restaurants at partner hotels across Amsterdam
Are you the one we are looking for? Then I would like to invite you to be creative and share your motivation and CV to email@example.com.
Congratulations, you have reached the end of this vacancy!
- Bedrijf: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Francisca Albuquerque
- Adres: Amsteldijk 67
1074 HZ Amsterdam , Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 22 06 900
- Website: https://www.pestanacollection.com/nl/hotel/pestana-amsterdam-riverside