- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 21901
- Geplaatst op: 03-10-2019
Start your career as Cook at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
As a cook you are efficiently preparing and focusing on transmission of high quality culinary products. Contributing to the development of garnishing and making suggestions to the Executive Chef. The kitchen is responsible for Banqueting, Events and Room Service.
- Preparation of high quality culinary courses with fresh ingredients.
- Maintaining the mice en place
- Preparing plates by performing a la minute cooking activities, portioning and garnishing dishes and controlling the presentation according to recipe (Portion Control)
- Maintaining quality of the dishes by checking the products freshness and deviations etc.
- Cleaning the working environment, cooking devices and remaining working material
- Working hygienically according to the HACCP regulations
- Prepare orders and obtain them from the storage. All orders need to be approved by the Executive Chef
- MBO work- and thinking level
- Preferably educated level 3 self-contained cook
- Several years of working experience/internship in a 5* hotel or luxurious restaurant is a plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
Are you the one who will WOW us and be part of our W Talent?
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com