- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 23245
- Geplaatst op: 06-12-2018
Algemene informatieHotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Luxury cook Yamazato Kitchen
We are looking for a fulltime Luxury Cook for our traditional Japanese Kaiseki restaurant Yamazato. The Yamazato restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe.
As a Luxury Cook you are demonstrating your skilful cooking techniques in traditional Japanese cuisine and are therefore an ambassador of Japanese culture. You have a thorough knowledge of the unique preparation, cooking and presentation methods of the Kaiseki style and are able to explain the meaning of these dishes and ways of presentation as well. Working in a team of enthusiastic colleagues where you can develop yourself further is one of your goals.
Yamazato Restaurant is opened daily for dinner from 6.00 until 9.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday it is also open for lunch from noon to 2.00 pm. The team of our Yamazato Kitchen consists of approximately 25 colleagues, with most of them being Japanese. The Yamazato Restaurant team is comprised of about 30 Japanese members. Your working times are flexible within a 38 hour week, during 5 days a week.
Are you interested in working in an international team and developing yourself in the largest F&B hotel of the Netherlands?
Then please contact us!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Carry out (preparatory) activities for all different sections of a Japanese kitchen
- Execute meal preparations in line with traditional and cultural guidelines
- Monitor and check the quality, readiness, taste, texture, colour of food items
- Judge the used ingredients on quality, freshness and preservability
- Guide, advise and lead up to assigned staff members / trainees
- Plan and assign activities, including giving instructions
- Guard the quality of the work output
- Watch over the hygiene and cleaning instructions
- Receive, check and store the ordered food items and other supplies
- Notice details and shortcomings and where necessary pass this on to the (Executive) Chef
- Make suggestions to the Chef
- Contribute to the development of products and items for the menu
- Execution of all other occurring relevant activities
- Mise en place duties; washing, cutting, cooking
- Cleaning of materials, machines and equipment
- Cleaning of the kitchen according to HACCP
- Storing of fresh food items according to HACCP
- You have strong Japanese cooking skills
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a Japanese Restaurant and therefore sufficient knowledge of Japanese dishes and menus
- You have a passion for Japanese cooking
- You are creative and like to come up with new ideas
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- You are flexible and a team player
- You are guest oriented
- You are fluent in English, both orally and written
- The ability to speak Japanese is not a requirement, but of great advantage
- Cultural Awareness
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Anne Kohlrausch
- Adres: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-6787982
- Website: http://www.okurajobs.nl