- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 24623
- Geplaatst op: 18-10-2021
Algemene informatieDo you feel at ease in the lively environment of a kitchen and want to develop your culinary skills to the next level? Prepping for lunch or organising the MEP for the evening, the Executive Chef can rely on you! We have the opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant Café Americain, which will also house the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands.
You will prepare the dishes for all the food & beverage outlets in the hotel from the kitchen. Your job will be to ensure that the dishes only leave the kitchen if they not only taste good, but look good as well; be it breakfast early in the morning or the last dessert of the evening meal. As a Demi Chef de Parti, you are of course fully familiar with the latest cooking techniques, food trends, and ingredients. You know exactly how to efficiently organise your working day so that you are never short of time, and are always eager and willing to offer a brainstorming-based menu, because we always want to pleasantly surprise our guests with our menu and exquisite dishes. This way, each working day is different, either for you or for your colleagues.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Report safety, sanitation, and other similar violations to the chef;
- Set up stations, including utensils, equipment, and other needed items;
- Prepare sauces, dressings, salads, and cold plated items;
- Propose adaptations of menus, recipes, garnishes, etc, and work these out/prepare instructions;
- Support colleagues in preparatory and simple executive activities;
- Preparing kitchen sections for service period;
- Making MEP for several shifts;
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service;
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all;
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Secondary school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 1 year;
- You are enthusiastic and flexible;
- You are a good team player but can also work independently;
- You have the ability to cope with stress, handle time pressure well and always take the initiative;
- You are creative and are good at working collaboratively;
- You have a genuine affinity for the kitchen;
- You live in the Amsterdam area.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shift and working on public holidays.
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;Competitive salary;
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/