- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 24627
- Geplaatst op: 15-07-2022
Cooking fine dining for true VIP rock stars in the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands? Do you dish out the most innovative culinary creations, and do you enjoy being in the culinary spotlight? Then you may well be the new superstar of Café Americain.
Together with the Executive Chef and the Sous Chef you are responsible for the preparation of the dishes for all the food & beverage outlets in the hotel. Your job will be to ensure that the dishes only leave the kitchen if they not only taste good, but look good as well; be it breakfast early in the morning or the last dessert of the evening meal. As a Junior Sous Chef, you are of course fully familiar with the latest cooking techniques, food trends, and ingredients. You also have the skills required to passionately pass on this knowledge to your team and guests. Your mission is to improve the standard of the processes, products and menus just a little bit each day in comparison to the previous one. You know exactly how to efficiently organise the kitchen so that the daily operations run smoothly. You know how to motivate and inspire the team to deliver the best experience for our guests. This way, each working day is different, either for you or for your colleagues.
In the fifties, the Café Americain had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to typical Amsterdam products on the All Day menu, it also offers a lot of local Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Co-responsible for managing the stock and checking the best before dates
- Co-responsible for checking HACCP lists and complying with them
- Co-monitor the Chef de parti’s and activities of the relevant departments
- Receive and store food according to standards, ensuring all product is rotated and items are stored at proper temperatures;
- Review production schedule at the beginning of each shift to ensure all items necessary for preparation are stocked;
- Carry out interim quality checks (taste, color, fluidity, etc.) and, where necessary, carry out adjustments;
- Propose adaptations of menus, recipes, garnishes, etc. and work these out / prepare instructions
- Take care of the training / onboarding of employees
- Ensure the presence and availability of resources and equipment
- Guide students according to the agreements made (division of tasks).
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Completed at least one MBO level 3 in cooking;
- In possession of a ‘leermeester diploma’;
- Experience of at least a Chef de Parti position in a similar high end environment.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques;
- You know exactly how to motivate your team and include them in your enthusiasm;
- Independent, creative and empathic;
- Flexible about working hours and duties;
- Have knowledge of products/ingredients, calculations and menu composition.
Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive salary;
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group;
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance;
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice;
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends;
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels;
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American;
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday;
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock;
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme;
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel;
- A nice colleague bonus scheme;
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom;
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life;
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society;
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Interested? We look forward to hear from you!
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/