- Bedrijf: Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
- Standplaats: Prinsengracht 587, 1016 HT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 28008
- Geplaatst op: 02-05-2022
Algemene informatieLed by contemporary Spanish Chef Manuel Pereira, the Bluespoon Restaurant & Bar has a Mediterranean menu. When Mediterranean is in the name, tapas is of course the game. Be it Spanish, Italian, French, or Greek, the heroes on our menus will be everyone’s favorite sharing plates.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Chef de Partie!
- Not just any chef; you are a Bluespoon Chef de Partie;
- A natural leader who has the ability to motivate and train those around him/her;
- Eager to come up with new suggestions for alternative menu items and minimizing waste;
- By adding some personal flavor and touch, you never back away from some administrative tasks and some interaction with our guests to exceed their expectations.
What does the ROLE entail?
- Developing, producing and presenting the Bluespoon a la carte items, together with the team;
- Working in, and overseeing, the assigned station and its employees, ensuring that food products are prepared according to the highest standards, and it is kept clean and orderly at all times;
- Following standard recipes, minimizing waste to ensure the outlet’s food cost is in line with budget;
- Suggesting alternative menu items, meeting specific customer requests, and interacting with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations;
- Working in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments;
- Being up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market;
- Treating all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimize damage and reduce wastage.
What WE bring to the table:
- A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshop and classroom trainings.
- 1 year's work experience as Chef de Partie or 3 years as Demi Chef de Partie in an a-la-carte restaurant or luxury hotel with high quality standards;
- A diploma in food production / culinary arts, or equivalent on-the-job training;
- A love for Mediterranean cuisine and passion for fresh, local ingredients;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to work well in a team;
- Schedule flexibility, as your work days and hours might vary according to operational needs;
- ‘HACCP’ is your middle name;
- Creativity, motivation and a hands-on mentality;
- An international state of mind, with good communication skills in English (and, ideally, in Dutch);
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Does the above describe you, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for!
- Bedrijf: Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Prinsengracht 587
1016 HT Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-523 1234
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.prinsengracht.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html