- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 33457
- Geplaatst op: 23-01-2020
Algemene informatieWhat are you going to do?
We are looking for an experienced Sushi Chef with excellent knowledge of the Japanese kitchen. You will be working at the Sushi counter under the supervision of the Executive Chef. You will also have intensive guest contact and willing to offer our guests excellent service. You have a thorough knowledge of the unique preparation and presentation methods of sushi and are able to explain the meaning of these dishes and ways of presentation as well. Working in a team of enthusiastic colleagues where you can develop yourself further is one of your goals.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Exclusively preparing Sushi and Sashimi dishes at sushi counter;
- Responsible for the production and have knowledge and competency of Maki Sushi, Nigiri Sushi and Sashimi;
- Follow standard recipes as directed by the Head Chef in order to ensure consistency of food;
- Create a positive atmosphere together with service staff for guests;
- The ability to provide the guests at the sushi counter with information about the menu or ingredients;
- Maintain good communication between the restaurant and kitchen;
- Be part of a disciplined, well harmonizing team;
- With ideas and suggestions he/she contributes to a continuous improvement of the entire operation;
- Ensure that the restaurant’s guidelines, standards and procedures are followed;
- Need to be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
Who are you?
- You have excellent Sushi cooking skills;
- You have a passion for Sushi cooking;
- You are familiar with Japanese culture and habits;
- You are familiar and have experience more than 5 years within distinguished companies in a similar position;
- You are guest oriented;
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment;
- You are flexible and a team player;
- You are in possession of a job related education;
- You have a good command of the English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.Collegial
- Results oriented
- Team work
The Yamazato Restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe. Yamazato Restaurant is opened daily, except on Mondays, for lunch from 12:00 until 14:00 and for dinner from 18:00 until 21:30.
Who are your colleagues?
The team of our Yamazato Kitchen consists of approximately 25 colleagues, with most of them being Japanese. The Yamazato Restaurant team is comprised of about 30 Japanese members.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group V, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!
- Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Fleur Bergmans
- Adres: Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-6787982
- Website: http://www.okurajobs.nl