- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 327
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 34514
- Geplaatst op: 30-03-2022
Are you creative, flexible and would you like to develop yourself on the highest level together with other ambitious and enthusiastic chefs in Amsterdam? Do you have great expertise in the Japanese cuisine? Do you want to get inspired by the style and influence of the Dutch MasterChef Schilo van Coevorden? Then this might be the job for you.
What are you going to do?
In your role as Sushi Chef de Partie you will: Execute the day-to-day operation of the Sushi section within the kitchen, overseeing all aspects of food production, hygiene and cost control; Oversee the quality and continuity of the Sushi dishes; Plan and organise the work in Taiko kitchen; Display a passionate, fun and enthusiastic approach to cooking in order to engage the team and create an enjoyable, cohesive and supporting working environment to work in; Act as a role model and mentor to junior members of the brigade in order to guide and support them in their personal and career development.
What will your 5-star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium's Taiko Cuisine is located in the former percussion room of the Conservatorium Music School. In the early days while walking along the Paulus Potterstraat when the windows were open, people could hear the students practicing their drum solos.
At this Asian inspired restaurant, created by Schilo van Coevorden, we take our guests on a journey, every dish is created with the best quality products and attention to details. The kitchen of Taiko Cuisine is opened Mon-Sun 6:30PM – 10:30PM.
The Conservatorium hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 luxury hotels of Europe over the past five years. We are one of the four founding members of The Set Collection. A carefully curated luxury hotel collection, comprising of some of the world’s most exceptional, likeminded, independent hotels and resorts worldwide.
Who are you?
Our new colleague is energetic and able to manage stressful moments of service. To you Sushi is an art form that requires constant attention. Furthermore, you are/have:
- You have minimum of 2-year proven experience in a similar position;
- You have experience as Sushi Chef and Asian food;
- You are familiar with HACCP and ensures a clean work environment;
- You have experience working in luxury hotels or restaurants;
- You have a good knowledge of the English (must)/Dutch(preferred) language;
- Willingness to work evenings and weekend shifts;
- Living in (or near) Amsterdam.
What can you expect?
- A salary starting at €2717, - (full time) and appropriate employment conditions, travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Amsterdam F&B Discount Card - this card equals 50% discount to dine in at the top hotel restaurants of Amsterdam (after completing probation period);
- Discounted Health Insurance - As an employee of the Conservatorium hotel you can have a discount on your health insurance at Achmea, Zilveren Kruis;
- In-house Experiences – wonderful complimentary stays in our hotels to both truly enjoy and learn about the experience we offer our guests;
- Discounted rates on the (F&B) properties of The Set Hotels – Conservatorium (Amsterdam), Lutetia (Paris) and Café Royal (London);
- A New Hire Incentive – A successful referral might reward you a beautiful incentive;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Are we your next destination?
Please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0042 or send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Due to the abundance of applications, we receive for our career opportunities we will only reply to candidates that fit the job profile. When applying with us please make sure that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, have secured housing in Amsterdam and have the right experience and motivation. According to GDPR regulations, we will not save your personal details without your approval.
- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Sjoerd Jobse
- Adres: Van Baerlestraat 27
1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-5700000
- Website: http://www.conservatoriumhotel.com