- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 36073
- Geplaatst op: 31-08-2021
An opportunity to work in Amsterdam’s famous Art Deco restaurant, which also houses the very first Hard Rock Hotel in the Netherlands. Do you dish out the most innovative culinary creations for our “Rock Stars”. Then you may well be the new superstar of Café Americain.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the dishes for all the food & beverage outlets in the hotel. As a Sous Chef, you are of course fully familiar with the latest cooking techniques, food trends, and ingredients. You also have the skills required to passionately pass on this knowledge to your team and guests. Your mission is to improve the standard of the processes, products and menus just a little bit each day in comparison to the previous day. You know exactly how to efficiently organise the kitchen so that the daily and weekly operations run smoothly. You make sure that every single plate presented to the guests is of the best quality and you constantly keep up with all Hard Rock quality standards according to HACCP and NSF.You know how to motivate and inspire the team to deliver the best experience for our guests.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients..
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Personnel management: arrange holidays, co-select new employees, take care of the training / onboarding of employees;
- Plan the schedules and arranging sufficient staffing (part-timers, on-call workers), organizing and assigning work, giving directions / instructions, supervise progress;
- Estimate expected sales, planning quantities of products to be prepared;
- Supervise compliance with regulations in the field of safety, health and safety, HACCP and work- and presentation methods;
- Responsible for general management and is the point of contact for the entire kitchen, stewarding and control;
- Responsible for managing the stock and checking the best before dates;
- Responsible for checking HACCP lists and complying with them;
- Monitor the Chef de Parti and activities of the relevant departments.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Completed at least one MBO level 3 in cooking;
- In possession of a ‘leermeester diploma’;
- In possession of ‘Sociale Hygiene’ certificate;
- Decent knowledge of HACCP;
- At least two years experience in a similar role.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques;
- Managerial skills;
- You know exactly how to motivate your team and include them in your enthusiasm;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are Independent, creative and empathic;
- Obviously you are flexible about working hours and duties;
- You have a high level of responsibility and are quality oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You have knowledge of products, ingredients and allergens.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- A dynamic yet congenial work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Room for development, own initiative and growth;
- A dynamic, nice and amicable work environment;
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B in the hotels within our group;
- Capacity for own creativity and initiative;
- Training and career opportunities;
- Collective health insurance;
- Inhouse experience after probation period.
Do you meet all our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Nicolette Dijsselhof
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/