- Bedrijf: Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Prinsengracht 315-331, 1016 GZ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 38068
- Geplaatst op: 23-11-2021
Algemene informatieAt Pulitzer Amsterdam we are true storytellers and you only have to step inside to know why! It is the home of 225 unique guest rooms, the timeless Pulitzer’s Bar, café Pulitzer Garden and the modern-Dutch restaurant Jansz., all with stories we can’t help but share.
The beating heart of Pulitzer Amsterdam is its team: motivated, passionate and genuine people with service in their veins. We are social and charming by nature, creating everlasting memories for our guests.
As a Head Chef, you will be assisting the Executive Chef with a smoothly run operation during service at Jansz., our restaurant in the middle of the Nine Streets that serves beautifully crafted dishes inspired by modern-Dutch cuisine. The menu reflects a passionate commitment to ingredients that are led to and from the Netherlands. Furthermore, you and your team are providing the small bites menu of Pulitzer's Bar. This timeless hotel bar tells a contemporary tale of cocktail history through a classic menu and an effortlessly elegant atmosphere.
In this leadership role as a Head Chef, you will lead the entire kitchen brigade, being responsible for operational management of the team and kitchen. Moreover, the Head Chef will be contributing to the development of our menu that is prepared with seasonal and local ingredients.
Here's the mice and place list of your responsibilities as a Head Chef:
- During service you are responsible for a smooth run of the operation
- You make sure the consistent quality of the dishes is maintained
- Together with the Executive Chef, you train and lead the kitchen team
- You are always on the look-out for ways to improve the way of working in the kitchen
- You take care of the team, being the point of contact for questions and concerns
- You order the goods, making sure the stocking is ready for the next few days
- Recruitment is part of your responsibilities, selecting candidates and making sure the on-boarding is going smooth
- Last but not least; you support the team with the day-to-day operation, such as mice and place and preparing the dishes
Who are you?
- You have over 4 year experience with leading a kitchen team
- You are a true storyteller with a passion for cooking
- You like to work on weekdays and weekends
- Being a team player, you motivate and inspire others
- Communication with the team is what you are good at
- Remaining calm in stressful situations is important for you
- You love to connect with people and create memories by a personal approach of service
- You keep a good overview of your agenda and like to work structured
- 50% discount in restaurants & bars at 10 partner hotels in the city
- Experience Stay at Pulitzer Amsterdam as part of our introduction program
- Starting with a fixed-term contract for one year
- Shoe, clothing & travel allowance
- Multi-skilled personal development opportunities
- Employee discount at Health Club Jordaan & De Nieuwe Yogaschool
- Bedrijf: Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Prinsengracht 315-331
1016 GZ Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31(0)20-5235235
- Website: http://www.pulitzeramsterdam.com