- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 38798
- Geplaatst op: 21-08-2022
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Cook. You will be joining the B&F (That’s what we call F&B at W) Team. Our B&F Team is responsible for the W Lounge, In Room Dining and Banqueting.
At W Amsterdam, we leave mild-mannered meetings behind in our chic event venues. With 414 square meters of meeting rooms, W Amsterdam boasts flexible conference equipment that makes business beautiful, meetings memorable and special events spectacular. Guests can find endless possibilities, creative approaches and innovative designs.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report directly to the Head Chef
- Preparation of high quality culinary courses with fresh ingredients.
- Maintaining the mise en place
- Preparing plates by performing a la minute cooking activities, portioning and garnishing dishes and controlling the presentation according to the HID’s
- Maintaining quality of the dishes by checking the products freshness and deviations etc.
- Cleaning the working environment, cooking devices and remaining working material
- Working hygienically according to the HACCP regulations
- Prepare orders and obtain them from the storage. All orders need to be approved by the Head Chef
- You will be working different shifts (morning, evening, night and weekend shifts). Also during public holidays
- You will prepare food for Amenitites, Banqueting and In Room Dining 24/7.
- Basic knowledge of English
- MBO work- and thinking level
- Preferably educated level 3 self-contained cook
- Working experience/internship in a 5* hotel or luxurious restaurant is a plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP
- You must possess a work Permit for The Netherlands or an EU nationality.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com