- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Management
- Referentie nr: 24133
- Geplaatst op: 25-11-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classis and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our hotel we are looking for an enthusiastic Hotel Management Trainee who likes a challenge and wants to support our Hotel Manager. In this position it is important to think out of the box, seeing difficulties as challenges, being innovative and impress guests as well as other team members with new ideas. Within this internship you will support the team with the following tasks:
Obtain knowledge of all operational departments;
- Have general knowledge about the hotel, the facilities and the services
- Awareness of the opening times, special promotions, regular guests etc. of all departments
- Give advice to the departments and assist on the floor
- Know the important aspects such as guest names, special requests etc. during large events
- Be involved in and following up on several tasks of the Hotel Manager
- Learn how to read financial figures
- Organize, plan and take the responsibility of different events
Develop Management skills such as;
- Set priorities, while having a lot of different projects and tasks ongoing
- Working on several projects and learn how to implement these projects
- Make decisions in different situations during the projects as well as on the floor
- Keep the overview of tasks and on the work floor
- Service oriented and pro-active
- Innovative, think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Fluent in English
- No nine to five mentality
- Looking for an internship which is part of an education of at least 6 months
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now, send your CV to us in English and become part of the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Iris Elsinga
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com