- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Management
- Referentie nr: 33271
- Geplaatst op: 07-09-2022
Algemene informatieOur Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
The Vibe Manager doesn’t sound like it’s the coolest job ever, but it simply is! As a Vibe Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American you are responsible for supporting the property in all aspects of music and culture. You are able to create an exceptional climate of guest oriented service and works to implement brand amenity programs and ensure effective utilization of music across the property. In other words, are you really into music and atmosphere, and do you have what it takes to give our guests a 5-star experience? Then you might have the coolest job in town!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a combination of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Build business/market share by utilizing brand amenity programs to leverage as Hard Rock's differentiator in the hospitality space.
- Organize and manage local events to showcase the property and brand while demonstrating music industry connection.
- Initiate agreements with entertainment artists for local support and performances.
- Establish and nurture relationships with celebrities and talents (bands, DJ’s, etc.). Translate strategy into specific business actions and individual accountabilities that achieve results.
- Creates, coordinates and responds to all social media content with consistency of brand voice.
- Serve as spokesperson for the property on Vibe related initiatives.
- Monitor, adjust, and create music playlists, adapted to location, time of day and Vibe.
- Evaluate and adjust overall guest experiences based on interaction with guests, industry trends, corporate initiatives, etc.
- Enhance group business experience through customization.
- Participate in the induction of new staff members to Hard Rock culture.
- Create and participate in the ongoing training and development of staff and management, focusing on music, memorabilia, company culture, and the spirit of Rock ‘n Roll.
- Understand PCMusic platform.
- Research music trends ensuring the brand’s relevance within the music community and mind of the consumers.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors.
- Create department budget to include resource quantities, costs, and expenses.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Participate in and ensure Sound Checks are being conducted in department.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain presence in property during peak business periods.
- Ensure that property is well maintained and that operational areas have a vibe that meets or exceeds brand standards and guest expectations.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with key clients, owners, and investors.
- Maintain effective relationships with guests.
- Maintain communication with Hard Rock corporate staff.
- Develop positive relationships within the business and social community.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant trade associations.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Generate incremental revenue and brand awareness through the creation and implementation of brand relevant local events and promotions.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree/diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Deep understanding of local music scene.
- Experience with PCMusic platform.
- Fluency in Dutch and English reading and writing: additional languages preferred.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, owners, investors, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Possess solid music background with knowledge of national and local music acts, talent, and DJ’s.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills.
- A full-time/ part-time contract.
- A gross salary starting at € 2950 per month (based on full-time employment).
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra Foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process.
- We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/