- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 327
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Management , Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 35280
- Geplaatst op: 05-05-2021
Algemene informatieGuest Services Manager
Working in hospitality has always offered you new challenges. Whatever role you took, it was always preparing you for the position of Guest Services Manager in the Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam!
Your role is crucial for the guest experience in our hotel. You contact guests before their arrival and during their stay, to see if they have any specific wishes regarding amenities, booking restaurants, museum tickets and concerts. You come up with creative ideas to ‘WOW’ the guest, from flowers and a bottle of champagne, to a pillow cover with a picture of their vineyard. When you know a guest is missing their pet, you make sure you have a picture frame on the night stand so their pet is always close by. A bathtub full of oat milk? You arrange it. A fridge full of Japanese apples? You got it! Prada shoes made out of chocolate? No problem!
After the stay, you contact the guests to see if everything was according to their wishes. Post stay liaison is key to the level of hospitality we provide. You will be the brand ambassador for The Set Collection.
There are three main pillars to be successful in this position.
- You manage your team
- A networker pur-sang
- A very creative mind
What will your team look like?
You will manage the doormen, luggage porters and an Assistant Manager. These colleagues are the first faces the guest see upon arrival and the last faces they see when leaving the premises. As time will pass, your department can be altered to the needs of the business.
You will report to the Front Office Manager, Gijs Velema. You will work closely with the security manager Jack Vardon and our sales department regarding special (entertainment) groups and VIP’s.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The different aspects of the front of house department in the Conservatorium Hotel are mostly located in the grand atrium of the hotel. This is where guests check in and out of their room, come with questions or seek advice. With a team of experienced and passionate professionals that understand what it means to work in this hotel, they make sure that all services are run seamlessly.
Manager Gijs Velema is keen on training and developing his teams of receptionists, luggage porters, doormen, hosts, guest service agents and night team. This department is open 24/7 so make sure that when you apply, we would like you to be available for all types of shifts.
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Hotels’, which currently consists of 3 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
What do you bring to the team?
For this position, we are seeking a true hospitality professional with experience working with VIP’s and managing a team with different disciplines. You are courteous, efficient and flexible at all times (working the odd and occasionally nightly hours), following Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam standards of performance.
- Have experience handling complaints;
- Possess excellent communication skills with guests, colleagues and suppliers;
- Have the ability to work with strict deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Are able to explain what integrity means to you
- Have management experience within the hospitality industry
- Speak and write Dutch and English on a professional level. Any additional language are a plus.
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter in Dutch to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Jurrien Grin
- Adres: Van Baerlestraat 27
1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-5700000
- Website: http://www.conservatoriumhotel.com