- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 327
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Management
- Referentie nr: 37214
- Geplaatst op: 22-09-2021
Algemene informatieWorking in hospitality has always offered you new challenges. Whatever role you took, it was always preparing you for the position of Front of House Manager at the Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam!
Your role is essential in the guest experience at the Conservatorium Hotel. You will lead the complete Front of House team, consisting of Guest Services, Front Office, Night Team, Guest Service Centre, Doormen and Luggage Porters. You ensure that your team has the knowledge, skills, attitude and tools needed to provide the five star experience for which we are renowned. While training the current team will be part of your role, you are also able to look critically at outside talent to see whether they are a good addition. You will be the brand ambassador for The Set Collection.
There are three main pillars to be successful in this position.
Some team members have worked here for years and have taken considerable ownership of their role. Therefore we ask you to have sufficient experience leading teams with strong roots in the previous hotels you have worked at. In this role you manage recruitment, performance reviews and trainings.
You manage and deliver on commercial targets for your department. You achieve this through carefully balancing revenue and service quality. Through up-selling and cross-selling you also manage to yield additional revenues.
You easily connect with returning guests, while also dealing with the management of large entertainment groups. Adhering to our brand standards and providing a five star luxury experience is something you manage comfortably and you also set this example for your team. Everything is possible for our guests, you are the one making it happen.
What will your 5 star luxury working environment look like?
The Conservatorium Hotel is a 5 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam and has been selected as one of the best 25 Luxury hotels of Europe over the past 5 years. We are part of ‘The Set Collection’, which currently consists of 4 properties (Amsterdam, Paris, London, and Jerusalem) all operating on the highest level of hospitality.
What will your team look like?
You will lead the complete Front of House team, consisting of Guest Services, Front Office, Night Team, Doormen and Luggage Porters. As your direct reports you will have the Guest Services Manager and the Assistant Front Office Manager.
These colleagues are the first faces the guest see upon arrival and the last faces they see when leaving the premises. You will report to the Executive Assistant Manager in charge of Service Operations, Gali Ben Shanan. Furthermore, you will closely together with all other front- and back-of-house teams.
What do you bring to the team?
For this role, we are looking for a true hospitality professional with experience working with VIP’s and managing a team with different disciplines. You are courteous, efficient and flexible at all times (working the odd and occasionally nightly hours), following Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam standards of performance.
- Lead by example and you know how to align your team with the needs of our guests and the business;
- Speak and write Dutch and English on a professional level. Any additional language are a plus;
- Possess the skills, knowledge and affinity to provide our guests with five star luxury service;
- Have management experience within the hospitality industry;
- Possess excellent communication skills with guests, colleagues and suppliers;
- Have the ability to work with strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
What can you expect?
- You will be an integral part of an experience leadership team that operates at the highest level on the highest level of hospitality;
- A competitive salary and appropriate employment conditions, like travel allowance based on your commute and a uniform that is cared for at work;
- An inspiring work environment (it really is!) where you have the opportunity to follow courses and trainings in house to further develop your skills;
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants and spa;
- Experience our ‘joie de vivre’ during various colleague events and celebrations.
Do we have your interest?
Does this sound like an interesting career step for you? Then please contact the Human Resource department via +31 (0)20-570 0000 or send your CV and motivation letter in Dutch to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Sjoerd Jobse
- Adres: Van Baerlestraat 27
1071 AN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020-5700000
- Website: http://www.conservatoriumhotel.com