- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Portiers, bagagisten
- Referentie nr: 12480
- Geplaatst op: 13-12-2018
Algemene informatieStart your career as Bell Captain at W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
The Bell captain is responsible to manage and guide the welcome ambassadors (porters) and to make sure that guests receive extraordinary service. The Bell Captain performs security tasks, creates work schedules and assists the team with workload when needed.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Assist guests and transport luggage
- Valet parking
- Receive, store and transport guests’ luggage to the lobby or guest rooms
- Accompany guest to the welcome desk or guest rooms
- Ensure guest satisfaction
Provide information and service
- Provide information regarding hotel facilities, tourist activities, museum and instructions regarding technical devices
- Make restaurant and theatre reservations and deliver messages to guests
- Identify defects in guest rooms and inform manager and / or department involved
- While fulfilling work related tasks supervise unwanted / malicious guests orvisitors
- Approach unwanted / malicious guests or visitors and kindly requests them to leave the building
- Ensure unwanted guests or visitors are appropriately dismissed and inform safety authorities when needed (police, fire brigade) etc.
- Guide Welcome ambassadors
- Create work schedules
- Ensure Welcome Ambassadors fulfill their tasks and responsibilities correctly
- Monitor / guard the safety of guests and talents in the hotel and identify and report irregularities
- Check the luggage storeroom by means of correct administration of all luggage / packages stored.
- Ensure a constant, high quality of service
- Avoiding and dealing with guests complaints
- Attend department and hotel meetings
- Fulfill other tasks which could be expected or assigned
Experience in leading a team
Relevant work experience in a luxury hotel
Fluency in English & Dutch.
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
- Bedrijf: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Human Resources
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com