- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 144
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Portiers, bagagisten
- Referentie nr: 40142
- Geplaatst op: 08-04-2022
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5 star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Front Office Department we are currently looking for a Porter. Within this position, your main tasks will be:
- Greet guests upon arrival and offer luggage assistance. Store and deliver guest luggage as needed.
- Organize and coordinate luggage deliveries and porterage for large group arrivals.
- Organize and action room drop of guest items for group reservations.
- Interact with guests and provide accurate local area information, promote the hotel’s service and facilities.
- Assist guests with transportation needs.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of local area activities and attractions and assist guests to enhance their experience.
- Respond to guest complaints and take action in a hospitable and professional manner.
- Respond professionally to all guest requests and inquiries in person, by phone and through email.
- Able to efficiently retrieve data from the hotel’s property management system, as well as retrieving data from online sources and operating booking websites.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Strong organizer and planner
- Great eye for detail
- A Hotel or Tourism education is preferred
- Ability to assist with luggage and lift a reasonable amount without assistance
- Available for morning, evening and night shifts
What can you expect from us?
- Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Travel Allowance
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com