- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 25061
- Geplaatst op: 04-12-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
At Hilton Amsterdam we are currently looking for a Front Office Supervisor on a fulltime basis. As Supervisor, you will supervise reception operations to ensure consistently-delivered exceptional customer service to guests, especially as service affects the information provided by Team Members to assist with guest enquiries. The Supervisor interacts with guests and contributes to the first impressions of our guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise accurate and efficient reception operations including check in/out procedures
- Support Team Members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome
- Ensure the Front Office Manager is fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and/or other departments
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service
- Brief your team on any events or VIP guests in the hotel that day
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up-selling opportunities
- Understand and apply correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
- Act in accordance with the front of house equipment and the property management systems
- Conduct training programs on an ongoing basis
- Carry out shift handovers and brief team members as required
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary, and maintain good working relationships with hotel Team Members
A Front Office Supervisor at Hilton Amsterdam is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Fluent in Dutch and English, an additional foreign language is preferred
- Able to work morning-, evening- and nightshifts
- Previous supervisory experience in a hotel environment or 2 years epxerience as a Front Desk agent
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Incentive program based on performance.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and join the Hilton family!
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling:
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com