- Bedrijf: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Prof. Tulpplein 1, 1018 GX Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 180
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33016
- Geplaatst op: 23-12-2019
Algemene informatieInterContinental Amstel Amsterdam opened its doors in 1867 and since then has welcomed very special guests. Our guests deserve the most excellent service at all times. If you understand the value of personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same level of guest service, you may be just the person we are looking for.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Reception Manager and within the limits of established policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of the Guest Relations position to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction to current and future VIP’s.
1. Reports directly to and communicates with the Reception Manager on all pertinent Front Office matters affecting guest services.
2. Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the hotel including but not limited to travel industry representatives, competitors, labor relations representatives, suppliers, contractors and other members of the local community.
3. Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other department (head)s as requested.
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
- Demonstrating a ‘high end service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
1. Ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from pre-arrival through departure.
2. Endeavoring to maintain the high standards of the hotel with particular regard to the importance of the InterContinental Rewards Club (Ambassador) program and other VIP guests.
3. Assisting Front Office staff to ensure VIP’s receive special recognition and service.
4. Oversee maintenance of efficient repeat guest history system in Opera.
5. Handling guest queries, requests and complaints and coordinates with the department concerned accordingly.
6. Inspecting guest rooms of VIP arrivals to ensure that all VIP amenities are well-prepared and correctly placed in the room.
7. Review arrival lists for all VIP arrivals to check and prepare room allocations, amenities and special requests.
8. Requesting and verifying room statuses with Housekeeping and Room service.
9. Adjusting working hours (morning-, evening- and nightshifts) to the needs of our guests, i.e. VIP arrivals/departures and special events.
10. Being fully aware of all activities taking place in the hotel, familiarizing him-/herself with the daily function sheet, VIP arrivals, handovers, Duty-report etc.
11. Attending the Front Office Meetings, morning meetings, the weekly sheet meetings, pre-cons for VIP’s and other relevant meetings.
12. Develop and implement guest courtesy call system.
13. Preparing all VIP arrivals by checking reservations, preparing welcome letters, handwritten welcome cards, special VIP amenities.
14. Reading and handling all Guest Relations/Front Office traces.
15. Processing check-ins and rooming of VIP arrivals.
16. Proactively making IHG rewards Club enrollments and InterContinental Ambassadors.
17. Proactively being part of the Front Office upselling program.
18. Make sure that his/her working area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
19. Responsible for reporting immediately to Reception Manager or deputy anything in which is to be considered a health and safety hazard.
20. Maintains appropriate standards of hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct.
What do you bring?
- Fluently speaking and writing of the Dutch and English language is required (A third language is highly appreciated)
- A minimum of one year Guest Relations working experience in a high end luxury hotel is required
- Motivation and flexibility
- Multi-tasking skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Perfect grooming standards
- Opera PMS system knowledge
- Guest focus
- Dynamic, joyful and energetic working environment
- Employee Room rates in all or our hotel brands within IHG
- Training courses for personal development
- Competitive salary
- Bedrijf: InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Leena Asarfi
- Adres: Prof. Tulpplein 1
1018 GX Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0205203487
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.intercontinental.com/nl/