- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33018
- Geplaatst op: 02-09-2022
Algemene informatieOur Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘Rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
You will be the point of contact for both colleagues and our guests, and will provide them with all the information they might require. As Front Office Manager, you will be the right hand man of the Front of House Manager, and you will manage your team and make sure that the right man is providing the right service. You will work in a rotating schedule, and will perform the daily administrative tasks, handle complaints and ensure excellent service as well as guest experience. You will be responsible for training and developing your team and for conducting performance and assessment interviews. Each day is different in our hotel. But that is precisely what makes your job so much fun! You thrive on the enthusiasm of the guests and along with your team - you take every effort to ensure that your guests receive excellent service. Because if you keep your team happy, they will keep your guests happy!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Monitor operations to ensure consistent sequence of service is followed and all brand standards are properly executed.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Regularly and clearly communicate guest arrivals and departures and additional relevant information with other departments, as needed.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by effectively controlling rates and availability.
- Ensure guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional, and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery.
- Maintain knowledge of all property services and hours of operation; restaurant food concepts, menus, dress codes, and ambiance; day/nightlife concepts, dress codes, and ambiance; guest room types, names, layout, amenities, and locations; and room rates, special packages, and promotions.
- Be aware of all scheduled daily group activities and names and locations of meeting/banquet rooms.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to keep them informed of group booking status and to maintain room rate control and availability status.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers, supervisors and employees to achieve their career goals and maximize their potential.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- MBO/HBO training.
- Experience as a manager in the hotel industry.
- Good understanding of numbers.
- You are good at setting priorities.
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude, always eager to go a step further so that guests feel totally at home with us.
- Good command of Dutch, English and preferably another foreign language.
- Can handle stress well.
- Good team player, but can also work independently.
- Enthusiastic/cheerful/presentable appearance.
- Sense of responsibility and meticulousness.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Conversant with Opera (reservation system) and Microsoft Office.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group.
- A fulltime contract with a gross salary starting at €2.800 per month (based on full-time employment).
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance.
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends.
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels.
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American.
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday.
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock.
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme.
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel.
- A nice colleague bonus scheme.
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom.
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life.
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society.
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Bedrijf: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/