- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 110
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33018
- Geplaatst op: 23-12-2019
Algemene informatieOur Front of House Squad makes sure that guests parade through our hotel whistling (or maybe even singing, dancing or jamming?) every day. Do you have the skills required to provide your guests with the ultimate ‘Rockstar experience’? In other words: do you have it in you to rock in this job? If so, we’re looking for you!
You will be the point of contact for both colleagues and our guests, and will provide them with all the information they might require. As Assistant Front Desk Manager, you will be the right hand man of the Front of House Manager, and you will manage your team and make sure that the right man is providing the right service. You will work in a rotating schedule, and will perform the daily administrative tasks, handle complaints and ensure excellent service as well as guest experience. You will be responsible for training and developing your team and for conducting performance and assessment interviews. Each day is different in our hotel. But that is precisely what makes your job so much fun! You thrive on the enthusiasm of the guests and along with your team - you take every effort to ensure that your guests receive excellent service. Because if you keep your team happy, they will keep your guests happy!
The Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is the very first of its kind in the Netherlands. It is located on the Leidseplein, in one of the most famous art nouveau buildings in Amsterdam. With 173 rooms and suites, a totally renovated interior and distinctive Hard Rock facilities such as a Body Rock® fitness centre, Rock Shop® and musical entertainment via The Sound of Your Stay® programme, guests are assured of an unbeatable 5-star experience. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the iconic Art Deco restaurant Café Americain; a modern brasserie that writes new history with both ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations.
- Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Monitor operations to ensure consistent sequence of service is followed and all brand standards are properly executed.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Regularly and clearly communicate guest arrivals and departures and additional relevant information with other departments, as needed.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by effectively controlling rates and availability.
- Ensure guest room standards are effectively maintained.
- Ensure guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional, and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery.
- Maintain knowledge of all property services and hours of operation; restaurant food concepts, menus, dress codes, and ambiance; day/nightlife concepts, dress codes, and ambiance; guest room types, names, layout, amenities, and locations; and room rates, special packages, and promotions.
- Be aware of all scheduled daily group activities and names and locations of meeting/banquet rooms.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to keep them informed of group booking status and to maintain room rate control and availability status.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors.
- Create department budget to include resource quantities, costs, and expenses.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of department performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Protect and enhance the value of property assets through appropriate programs and maintenance. Evaluate condition of equipment and property and conduct analysis for capital expenditure needs.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers, supervisors and employees to achieve their career goals and maximize their potential.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Participate in and ensure Sound Checks are being conducted in department.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain presence in property during peak business periods.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with key clients, owners, and investors.
- Maintain effective relationships with guests.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Generate incremental revenue and brand awareness through the creation and implementation of brand relevant local events and promotions.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- MBO/HBO training
- Experience as a manager in the hotel industry
- Good understanding of numbers
- You are good at setting priorities
- You have a strong service orientation and attitude, always eager to go a step further so that guests feel totally at home with us
- Good command of Dutch, English and preferably another foreign language
- Can handle stress well
- Good team player, but can also work independently
- Enthusiastic/cheerful/presentable appearance
- Sense of responsibility and meticulousness
- Pro-active attitude
- Conversant with Opera (reservation system) and Microsoft Office
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds / 5 kilograms.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred
Apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam American Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.amsterdamamericanhotel.com/nl/