- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Standplaats: Stadhouderskade 12, 1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 33151
- Geplaatst op: 31-12-2019
Algemene informatiePlease note that this position is only for current students pursuing a Hotel Management degree.
This internship is available for a minimum period of 5 months, starting in January 2020.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and creative Front Office Trainee! Do you enjoy working with people, are you passionate about the hospitality industry and do you always take the extra mile for our guests? Than we are looking for you!
During your internship you will learn how to check-in and check-out our guests according to the Brand Standards of Marriott International. Handling of guest complaints and requests and to follow-up on this will be a daily task. You will learn how to register the Marriott Rewards Member to create loyalty with our guest and how to recognize and prepare the stay for these loyal guests. During your internship you will be active in up-selling of guests, which has a financial reward for you as an associate, and you will assist the Front Office Supervisor with the daily tasks according to the checklist. At the end of your internship you will have knowledge about the reservations systems Opera and MARSHA.
What are your responsibilities?
- Check-in and check-out our guests according to the Brand Standards;
- Handling all the tasks off the daily checklist;
- Update the profile notes of our guests in Opera;
- Stay in contact with the Housekeeping department;
- Respond on guest’s requests and providing information;
- Strive to continually improve guest satisfaction’;
- Follow up on guest complaints and make sure that the involved departments are informed;
- Recognize our Reward Members and make sure they have a brilliant stay;
- Provide excellent customer service by being readily approachable for all guests.
- Preparing the end-of-the-day reports during the Night Shifts;
- Prepare the check-ins for the airline crews during the Night Shifts.
- Student of the hotel school or other relevant education;
- Looking for an internship for a minimum of six months;
- Enthusiastic, independent and a team player;
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and the ability to make things brilliant;
- Punctual and strong organization skills;
- Flexible in working different shift, like: AM, PM and during the nights;
- Good communicative and social skills, fluent in English and preferable Dutch.
- A monthly trainee allowance of €650;
- A professional environment to work in and the opportunity to learn from others in the highest segment of the hospitality industry;
- Being part of the biggest hotel company in the world and career possibilities within Marriott International;
- Personal coaching and training to support your internship;
- Special discounted rates for 7000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- Discount on Food & Beverage up to 50% in Marriott Hotels worldwide;
- You will receive a trainee allowance on a monthly base;
- Free meals in our Staff Cafeteria;
- Participation in several training session provided by our on property Learning Manager;
- Free use of our Health Club;
- A Take Care program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
- We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings;
- The possibility to participate in our Trainee Meetings to share your experience and learn about the possibilities within Marriott.
Are you the perfect fit for the internship position? Please let us know why you want to be part of our team! For more information, take a look out our website: www.marriott.com/careers. Do you have any questions about the internship? Feel free to call Alisa Vermeij at +31 20 607 5597.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Bedrijf: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Hanne Michiels
- Adres: Stadhouderskade 12
1054 ES Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0206075594
- Website: http://www.amsterdammarriott.com