Vacature: Receptionist(e) Front Office
Stagiair(e) / Trainee - Hilton Meetings/Business Desk - as per now
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 8887
- Geplaatst op: 15-04-2019
Algemene informatieJoin the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Hilton Meetings / Business Desk, the center-point of our Meeting and Conference area, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic trainee who wants to join our team. Within this internship you will support the team with the following tasks:
- Provide an excellent service according to the Hilton standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Being the first contact person for guests who make use of the Meeting and Conference Centre.
- Check the set-up, equipment and Food & Beverage requirements of the meeting rooms before the start of an event in cooperation with the Conference & Events Sales & Operations.
- Draw up the invoices at the end of the day, booking of transactions into the system.
- Handle and solve guest complaints according to our Make it Right policy.
- Active promotion of in-house sales by optimal knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and services.
- Provide secretarial services for guests.
- Ensure cleanliness and order in back of house and the Meeting and Conference Centre.
Required skills and competences
- Service oriented and pro-active
- Hospitable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Representative appearance
- Strong organizing and planning skills
- MBO / HBO education, preferably a hotel or tourism education
- Fluent in English and Basic Dutch skills
- Looking for an internship of at least 5 months
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Bedrijf: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Mike Oosterbaan
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com