- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 162
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Receptionist(e) Front Office
- Referentie nr: 9656
- Geplaatst op: 17-10-2021
An Assistant Guest Service Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam supports the Front of House Manager to ensure that all Team Members in the Front Office department are well trained and equipped to create memorable experiences for our guests.
What will I be doing?
The Assistant Guest Service Manager/ Personal Concierge is responsible for overseeing the Front of House operations and act as the manager on duty in the absence of the department head.
You will have the opportunity to be the lead in assuring all of our guest receive an authentic and unique experience by providing the highest levels of courtesy, professionalism and unparalleled service.
This position acts as a first and last impression and is therefore considered one of the most valuable roles in the hotel. Contacting guests prior to their arrival, ascertaining their needs and preparing for their stay, following up on all requests and going above and beyond by surprising and delighting them during their stay are just some of the tasks you will be executing on a daily basis.
Examples of Duties:
- Directly responsible for growth, training, and development of all Assistant Guest Service Managers , Guest Service Agents, Guest Service Administrators & Bellman to ensure they carry out Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam standards on a daily basis
- Welcome guests on arrival, providing them with a unique, tailor made, experience
- Executive a flawless departure experience when assisting guest with check-outs
- Consistently demonstrate leadership capabilities in decision making, follow up, and coaching
- Proactively address any guest issues, complaints, or mishaps as needed; take full ownership of guest and implement a problem resolution that exceeds guest expectations
- Ensure all Front of House Employees are executing True Waldorf Service Standards for each and every guest; provide detailed coaching and feedback as needed
- Participate and lead by example in productive, professional, and positive communication between Front of House and all other departments within hotel
- Complete individual projects as assigned by Department Head in agreed upon timeline
- Drive Sales within the hotel, including but not limited to; GuerlainSpa Spa, Food & Beverage outlets, and Meetings & Events
- Act as a personal concierge, write handwritten notes to PC guest, ensure to welcome your PC guest and keep up to date with the hotels Pre-Arrival system to ensure all new offerings are updated. Provide midway check-ins for PC guest and prepare departure emails were appropriate.
- Participate and help coach others on upselling while maintaining guest experience expectations
- Assist with preparing the duty rosters
- Assist with interviewing and hiring new team members
- Take action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and wellbeing of hotel guests and team members. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation
What are we looking for?
At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam we are looking for unique talents and believe in our teams’ ability to train individuals that demonstrate the right attitude and a big passion for hospitality. In order to ensure we remain true to the high standards we have set for ourselves we do however expect our management candidates to come prepared with the below set of pre-gained skills:
- At least 1 years previous supervisory or managerial experience in Front Of House
- Experience in a Luxury Environment
- High level of IT proficiency
- Experience of managing and developing individuals
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in both speaking as well as writing is mandatory
- Dutch language skills are preferred however not mandatory
- Candidate must be in the possession of a valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems (ONQ)
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Proficiency in another language than Dutch and English
- Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Recruitment Team Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Adres: Herengracht 542-556
1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 7184633
- Website: http://www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam